• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All pdfs created have yellow backgrounds

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every pdf I create - from a Word document or create blank page - has a yellow background. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it hasn't fixed it. Version 2021.007.20091.

When opened in another program, they are normal white, so the problem is viewing/display.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

This has worked to fix the issue:

‘Preferences’
Select ‘Accessibility’
Check ‘Replace Document Colors’
Select ‘Use Windows Color Scheme’

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit - Preferences - Accessibility and make sure that Replace Document Colors is not ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace Document Colours is not ticked.

But if I tick it and selct white, the background does turn white. But this is not a real solution, it just hides the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange... Can you share the file with us, as well as a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot and file attached.

This is from simply: Create >Blank Page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea... Try running a Repair Installation from the Help menu, perhaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried repair installation and full uninstall/reinstall, but not solved the problem.

I am seeing many other posts on the same issue since an update yesterday.

Thanks for your suggestions. 👍🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue for a couple of my end users that applied the latest update sometime yesterday.

Any PDF with OCR will display a yellow background on Acrobat Pro, but not on any other PDF reader. Printing the document proves the change is a matter of display since the printed copy has the correct white background.

This isn't happening with PDFs with static images on them, like scanned papers that haven't been processed to look for text and images.

We run a repair and even fully uninstalled Acrobat DC and reinstalled it (with restarts in between all those steps) and the issue persists. 
Nothing workflow breaking since we have the accessibility workaround, but Adobe might want to make sure they address the issue on the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same issue after repairing and uninstall/reinstall.  It makes my work fairly difficult as I have to match colors and such from PDF docs to designs.  Some type of quick solution would be really nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very peculiar.  If you have two monitors, does it show yellow as you drag it across to the other?  Do older PDFs ever do this?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following worked for me:

Open Adobe Acrobat
go to ‘Edit’
then ‘Preferences’
Select ‘Accessibility’
Press ‘OK’

If this does not work you can also try selecting
‘Use High-Contrast colors’
-OR-
‘Custom Color’
And make the ‘Page Background’ color white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

We are unable to reproduce this issue at our end.

Kindly Share the machine details i.e the OS version, configuration, etc. for investigating this issue.

It would be helpful if you can share the sample PDF files as well.

Regards,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has worked to fix the issue:

‘Preferences’
Select ‘Accessibility’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That only fixes parts of a PDF and does a terrible job of replacing colors around smaller shapes and letter.  Embedded JPGs and other images in the PDF (with their own white background) still keep the yellow background making it look really even worse with patchy yellow squares all over sheets with multiple imbeded images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select ‘Accessibility’

The above option only fixes some of the simpler documents from my end created from Word documents.

The more complex PDF documents with graphics, logos, colored fonts will still retain that weird yellow background.

Adobe needs to elevate this to the top as a priority to resolve. It's not working for many Acrobat users. This is not the solution!

Check out my attached PDF for example. Using the accessibilty option makes the document even worse if you can believe it. Try to fix it yourself on your end using the accessibilty option and see what I'm talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution only works for documents without any graphics. In this case, adobe should fix the problem quick and should not remark this problem as solved. It is not solved at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only works on some documents.  About half the documents I opened in the past week had normal (white) backgrounds.  The rest were colored yellow.   This fix is not a fix.  Adobe has to fix this... and judging from comments on the board, they aren't making any concerted effort to fix it.   
See screenshots below for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having this same issue. It started after a recent Adobe upgrade. We are seeing the problem in both Acrobat and Photoshop, which makes it very difficult to do color corrections. What the heck is going on and how do you fix this? I have tried every suggestion on this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, it helped to set the color profile (Control Panel > Color Management) back to the system default. Something had changed there (for unknown reason).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it does not work for me, windows 10 latest updated version, attached images
greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi grafico 220,

Thank you for the updates.

Can you share the Windows OS version you are using?

Regards,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to send a screenshot with the windows features, when I go to photoshop to delete the id I noticed that I also see the background a little yellow, but in this case it is not like the PDF, when I save the jpg and open it with gip I see the white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a sample where images are yellow for no particular reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The so-called solution doesn't work on many documents.  Still comes up yellow.
Adobe shouldn't consider this issue resolved, but should be working on debugging the software so it doesn't produce yellow background documents.  Other PDF readers (e.g. Nuance) don't have this isue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks.

Using Windows Clolor Scheme has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines