• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An incorrect structure was found in the pdf file

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to move one page in the thumbnails view of a 16 page pdf. When I drag and drop the page I get this error:

"An incorrect structure was found in the pdf file" and it will not move the page.

What can I do to fix this without starting over?

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Are you able to save a copy?

or maybe try the following (not sure if that works, but anything is worth a try I guess, I found this on acrobatusers.com for a similar issue in Acrobat XI Pro):

1. Launch Acrobat, but do not open any files
  2. Choose File > Create > Combine Files into a Single PDF
  3. Click Add Files
  4. Navigate to the PDF that's causing issues, select it and click Add Files.
  5. Click Combine, Binder1.pdf is created
  6. File > Save As

Now try and see if you an move the pages around in this PDF. (fingers crosse

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tags are used so that Accessible Technology (AT) can make sense of them. People with disabilities rely on these tags to navigate through the document. An untagged document would be completely inaccessible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I had the original files I would have tried making a new binder but that wasn't an option in this case. 

You can also open the file in your Chrome browser and use their native "print to pdf" option omitting the trouble pages. That's what I did. Sorry Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works just fine. You saved me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is a late reply, but this was the 1st post I found when looking for the same issue. All of the sudden, my Acrobat Pro has been throwing up that same error on this one document. I found 2 fast simple workarounds.

Workaround 1: Extract the page(s) you want, make sure to check the box "Delete Pages After Extracting". This will remove the pages from the PDF with the error. Then, from the new PDF that was just created, Click & Drag the page(s) back into the location you need.

Workaround 2: Rather than moving the page(s) - by clicking and dragging them, select the page(s) then hold the Control Key (CTRL) and copy them. Oddly enough, it lets me copy, but not move. Not sure why, but it worked. From there just delete the oringinal page(s) and you're good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines