• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attach to email not working

Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have Adobe Acrobat 9 and I am trying to attach a PDF to my email program which is the new Office 2011 - Outlook for Mac. Acrobat comes up with an error stating that "An error occurred while trying to create a mail document. Acrobat is unable to complete your request." - not sure what needs to be done here, Outlook is defined as my default email program. Initially it worked for Apple Mail, but I changed the default email program to Outlook once I installed Office.

Is there a workaround for this? Any help would be grateful.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too.  Same exact problem going from Entourage 2008 to Outlook 2011.  Uninstalled and reinstalled, still with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem .... the header on this forum says there is a solution ... but I can't seem to find it!?!

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks

Sue Jobson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and I am afraid that I also have the same problem with the same conditions. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2010 Nov 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here too....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. Has anyone found a way to address this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this being a new version of Outlook for Mac I'm assuming that this is a bug with Adobe and just like the Ribbon problem with Office 2010 adobe states that they plan on supporting the new version of Office in the next major release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2010 Nov 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded and installed Acrobat X Pro and the same error occurs. Seems it wasn't fixed. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 20, 2010 Nov 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outlook is not a rename Entourage. Its a Totallly diferent system

What do you want to bet the yahoo's at Adobe didn't take this into consideration.

Outlook is a totally didfferent system more akin to, though not 100% the same as Outlook for PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2010 Nov 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a a load of cr*p - microsoft are blaming adobe and vica versa .... HOWEVER after having spent the WOLD damn day on this - what I can tell you is that after reformatting and installing acrobat X and outlook 2011 on a clean mac air - it will not work. BUT ..... and here is the tell (whatever that means) and that after installing acrobat X and outlook 2011 on my Mac Pro ... 500gb ssd, 8gb ram etc etc - it works faultlessly ???? - so at the moment - the problem seems to be the Mac Air ??? go figure ? - both machines are fully updated, with Outlook 14.01 and the latest OSX .5 - I am assuming that there is a MAC os issue here and that on the AIr there is something missing ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just removed ad reinstalled Acrobat X PRO on my 8GB MacBook Pro. Still does not work. This is an Adobe problem. Hopefully they will recognize and and get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting conundrum. There are problems between machines as I know for a fact that the software that comes on a Mac is quite often optimised for that particular Mac only. I bought an upgrade to Snow Leopard and it never runs right - I just completed a fresh install on my Mac Pro dual 2.66GHZ (when I installed the brand new office) and it came up with this problem. I did some testing on a clean install on an external drive before wiping the primary boot drive - but it didn't work then so go figure. I also can never get the Apple trailers working in front row, but that is minor considering it does work on the Mac Mini in the lounge room. So what we can ascertain from this, is that it does work - someone has had some success on their Mac Pro. But on the laptops - people are experiencing problems for whatever reason. I have a Mac Pro and it doesn't work. I don't want to install anything on the laptop, as it just works and even has Leopard on it, but I don't see the need to install Snow Leopard or anything recent for that matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come Adobe - where is this damn fix - as an

update to my 1st post where I said it WAS working - it has now STOPPED working on my Mac Pro !!!! - have NO IDEA why because I havent inst

alled anything else since it was last working. This is very very annoying and I think I am going to ask for my

money back for Acrobat X as I only upgraded in the hope that it would work !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm late to the party, but since I am experiencing the same issue, I'll chime in. I opened a ticket with Adobe, as my agency has platinum support. I'm told that it is a known incompatibility issue between Outlook and Acrobat (64-bit vs. 32-bit). Adobe and MS are working in conjunction to solve the problem with a software update. It is not known whether the update will come from Adobe or Microsoft. The rep I spoke with wouldn't committ to a timeframe, but it seemed that it would be sooner rather than later.

The workaround is that you can drag and drop attachments into your email. You just can't use the menu functions in Acrobat.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Office 2011 on Mac is not an officially supported email client for  Acrobat 9 and Acrobat X.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outlook (in Mac Office 2011) is not supported?!?!  Adobe is not supporting Office, the MOST POPLAR software package available on the Mac?  This does not help Adobe and certainly does not help its customers. This is an awful deficency that needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe was too dumb to go looking up what was happening with Office for Mac. They've only had 3 years to find out.  That they were replacing Entourage with Office. There is no such thing as Entourage on PC. They should have known. I think since they got caught flatfooted they will have to add. But then again I've been begging for support of Mozilla Products (Thunderbird and Seamonkey) for years.

As these big companies layoff skilled people to save people they hire incompetents to replace so they can save a buck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here we are in September 2011 - any progress on this?  It seems that Office/Outlook 2011 for Mac is still not recognized by Adobe X... maddening - and it makes me regret having just spent a bundle on Adobe software if this is true.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2011 Oct 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

October...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2011 Oct 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don¹t hold your breathe.

Reply-To: <jive-641510931-kgbt-2-2dewe@mail.forums.adobe.com>

Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 06:36:28 -0600

To: Martyn Hoffmann <martyn.hoffmann@gmail.com>

Subject: Attach to email not working

Re: Attach to email not working

created by cd002 <http://forums.adobe.com/people/cd002> in Acrobat

Macintosh - View the full discussion

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/3985070#3985070>

October...

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not

directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply

to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this

thread, please visit the message page at

. In the Actions box on the

right, click the Stop Email Notifications link. Start a new discussion in

Acrobat Macintosh by email

<mailto:discussions-community-acrobat-acrobat_macintosh@mail.forums.adobe.co

m> or at Adobe Forums

<http://forums.adobe.com/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&container

Type=14&container=3399> For more information about maintaining your forum

email notifications please go to

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2010 Dec 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe intentionally break the 'attach to e-mail' function to try to force customers to subscribe to its Adobe Online service for sending PDF files???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you check in the Help. Adobe's view of emailing and everyone else's in the world is Totally different.

The only E-mail Clients acceptable for Mac is Mail, Entourage (which as of Office2011 no longer exist it now Outlook for Mac), Eudora (this no longer exist) and MailSmith. There is absolutely no support for Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Opera, which the majority of people on Mac Use. I've put in bug request once or twice a year for the last 10 years on this and its as if adobe is giving everyone that ask the one finger salute. They don't care. Obviously the people that design for Mac actually know PC but not Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Attach to Email can be done in two ways in Acrobat X.

1) Click Attach to Email and Share Pane Opens. Select Attach to email radio button and click Attach.

2) Open Acrobat Preferences (Cntrl+K on Win and Command+, on Mac). Select Online Preferences. Uncheck the checkbox  "Use Share Pane for sending email attachments". Close the Preferences and now click Attach to email. It will work just like it used to work in Acrobat 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't get a version for Mac as yet, at least not as a trial. It says PC only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as i guess trial version is not available for Mac. Could you please explain in detail the exact problem that you are facing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines