• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Fill Today's Date in PDF Form - No JavaScript

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to auto fill todays date into adobe pdf form. When I try to do it any of the ways found on the forum so far I have a message saying "This feature is not included in your current Acrobat license." Is there a way to do this with the adobe version I have? 

End goal is to creat a dynamic stamp where the date automatically changes each time I apply it to a new document... 

TOPICS
JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat do you have?

And no, it's impossible without using a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I have a Custom Calculation Script, and in the Javscript Editor I have:

event.value = util.printd("mm/dd/yyyy", new Date);

in the Calculate tab, but this does not update. Is there a differet script i can use to do this from there or other options I have access to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that should be enough. Did you place it in a field that's a part of a stamp, then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the stamp comes up in adobe to put on the document, but the date is not updating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the stamp file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create this dynamic stamp? 

Dynamic stamps have to be created outside of the built-in Acrobat Stamp tools. 

If you created a stamp using the built-in tools, then that stamp is essentially a flat image that does not contain an interactive form field. Which could be why the date on the stamp doesn't change. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the stamp in adobe and then went to the file it created and edited the pdf it is pulling the stamp from. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the formatting from the "Today" field.  There is no need for it, because the calculation script formats the date. 

Otherwise your stamp looks good. 

Four different variations aren't really needed. A custom popup dialog could be used to get the status from the user. Just something for you to look into. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to get the checkboxes to work properly where I could pick which one I wanted when I placed it and it didnt leave the boxes there to be changed later as i send the docs on to others. 

I updated all the information, but today's date is today. So, i couldnt tell if it is fixed now or if the date will still not update, so will have to come back to it on Monday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you need to clear the date, but in such a way that the calculation doesn't reset it until you are ready to place it. 

Try this:

1. Open the stamp file (from the stamps folder) in Acrobat. 

2. Open the console window

3. Enter and run this code in the console.

this.calculate = false;
this.resetForm();

4. Save and close stamp file.  Stamp file has been saved with empty fields.  

5. Quit Acrobat. 

6. Restart Acrobat.  Stamp file is starting out with an empty "today" field.

7. Open any PDF and place your stamp. If a date appears, it is because the stamp script put it there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know if I can use the console. It gives me the "This feature is not included in your current Acrobat license." if I push Ctrl+J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that once the stamp is applied its contents are fixed. It won't update the date in it the next time you open the file, only at the moment you apply the stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I re-did everything on Friday and it seems to be working today. The stamp updated to today's date. I probably had something wrong somewhere... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines