• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto - password protecting?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe is automatically password encrypting my documents that I create. I know for a fact that I am not putting any passwords on these docs, I will create a document and when I try to combine it with another one literally 30 minutes later, it is locked. I absolutely combed settings for my adobe app and can't find anything, and can't access individual document settings because they are password protected...anyone else have this problem??? Ridiculously frustrating. Adobe support was no help on the phone, told me it was impossible that it was happening, when I am literally having the issue every day. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you create the documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of them are downloaded forms from a financial institution, which have blank fields. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many financial institutions protects PDF documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not creating the files. That's getting them from the institution that created them, and it's very likely they applied this security policy themselves to prevent the contents in the file from being edited, especially if it's sensitive information. We can't help you with this issue, as it works as expected.

If you want to combine it with other files you can always use the Portfolio option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don’t make the files, how can you know they are not protected? Really, you’ve shown that they are. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive the same issue.  The insituations are not putting on the protection Ive enquired its adibe auotomatically putting them on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The customer support at many institutions are completely unaware of these technical details. If the file arrives with a password, it was made that way. No need to look for a solution in the Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We.its definitely adobe as I've spoken to them. It's their systems picking
up the type of document as secure and making in uneditable, even to
combine. Theres a massive palvour to remove this security. So to repeat
it's not the banks or institutions its Adobe directly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you checked the security of the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines