• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bit.ly will not connect to a PDF

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bit.ly as a URL shortener.  A bit.ly link pointing to a PDF created with Acrobat and posted on website generates the following error: "Warning: This URL has been blocked by Bitly's systems as potentially harmful." (https://bitly.com/a/blocked)

The PDF and website have been created by a member of my project team so it is very unlikely that the website has been blocked or malware is involved.

I have sent a message to bit.ly but not gotten a response.  Does anyone know why this might be happening?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should ask the bit.ly people... Edit: I see that you did. We can't offer any help because we don't know how their system works. It's most likely picking up on scripts in the file or something like that and treating them as a "threat", although they aren't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't have access to bit.ly tech support.  I have searched the web for discussions of this but not found anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try narrowing it down. Does it accept a plain "vanilla" PDF with no scripts or buttons or anything like that? Just a blank page, say. If no, then they probably don't allow links to PDF files at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines