• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue overlay coating on PDFs pages

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When utilizing Adobe Acrobat Pro to read PDFs, there's a blue overlay coating all pages of all documents. Opening the very same document on any other pdf reader doesn't present the blue tint. It popped up out of nowhere yesterday and it's quite infuriating. I would like to know how to remove it, if possible. Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Issue still outstanding. Every single PDF statement that I download - typically monthly financial statements - appears with a light blue tint ONLY in Acrobat Pro.  Preview and any other app it appears white as intended.

This is a new behavior in the last few updates for Creative Suite and has nothing to do with forms, with image vs text page, with protected/locked vs unlocked page, with selection or no selection.  Just opening a bank statement is blue.  Really infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paulo 2201,

Thank you for reaching out.

We have checked the images, and it seems to be the form fields. In Acrobat, when you add form fields, they appear in blue.   

Would you mind sharing the original PDF so we can confirm?  

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pdf is attached. As you can see, it is completely blue, like if I have layered a blue hue over it. The screenshot_24 compared to screenshot_25 is completely blue. I'm not refering to the blue forms boxes. I'll attach another example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paulo 2201,

Thank you for sharing the information, and sorry about the delay in response.

We checked the PDF you shared, and it appears fine on our end. Try repairing the application. In the application, go to Help > Repair Installation.

Ensure that the application is updated to the latest version. In Acrobat, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest updates, refer to the following help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html.

If the issue still occurs, share the PDF in screenshot 27. 

Share the Acrobat and OS version numbers. We will look into this.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. It has nothing to do with form fields. I tried the repair technique. What is the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue still outstanding. Every single PDF statement that I download - typically monthly financial statements - appears with a light blue tint ONLY in Acrobat Pro.  Preview and any other app it appears white as intended.

This is a new behavior in the last few updates for Creative Suite and has nothing to do with forms, with image vs text page, with protected/locked vs unlocked page, with selection or no selection.  Just opening a bank statement is blue.  Really infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same issue for the past six months. It started not long after switching from an Intel powered Mac to the M1.

The solution for me was changing the Colour Setup settings. Go to 'Preferences> Color Management' and change 'Settings' to 'Monitor Color'. Mine was strangely on North America General Purpose 2.

I've attached examples below:
example_issue.pngsettings_issue.pngsettings_fixed.pngexample_fixed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness for you!  Thank you 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the color mode does nothing for me.  My Chase VISA statement, for example, is still blue... while my bank statement is white.  No properties or other features to explain the blue... and the VISA statement is white with Preview.  No idea what Adobe messed up, but incredible that it has been so many months since they made whatever change they made and no update has fixed this. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS (Can't find option to edit post) ... I am on an M2 Max chip, so yeah, maybe this visual issue began when I switched from Intel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines