• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry Images in PDF when Converted from Word

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please explain in simple terms if there is a fix to this.

When I take a screenshot and paste it into a Word doc, the image is perfectly clear.  When I save the Word doc to PDF the image is very blurry.  It has not always been like this, previously images in a Word doc converted to PDF were very clear, but for some reason they are now blurry 😕  I have not changed any settings.

See example attached.

Is this fixable?  If so what are the steps?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

As for using "Save As"... there's the "More Options" button when selecting PDF as your format.

save as.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two places to check:

The obvious place is when you Save as PDF, you usually have the option for quality levels. You want the "Best for Printing" (Mac) or "Standard" (PC). If use are using the Save as Adobe PDF (Acrobat PDFMaker), you need to chcek the Preferences for that have not changed.

The OTHER place most people don't think about is that Word might be compressing the images internally. (Word > Options > Advanced > Image Size and Quality). You should either turn check "Do Not Compress Images", or set your Default Resolution to "High Fidelity"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply.  Unfortunately it hasn't resolved the issue.  I have Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.  I have Word set to Do Not Compress Images and highest resolution.  I have tried both 'Save As' and 'Save as Adobe PDF'.  If I use 'Save As' I don't get the option for "Standard" and if I use 'Save as Adobe PDF' I don't get anything relating to preferences.

Save As.PNG 

Save As Options.PNG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 11.52.39 AM.png

 

The Preferences for AcrobatPDFMaker will be under the Acrobat menu in your main Word document window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for using "Save As"... there's the "More Options" button when selecting PDF as your format.

save as.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  Saving as 'Standard' works.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info! I was having the same problem, and changing it to "Standard" brought back the clarity of my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure if anyone will find this useful, but none of the suggestions worked for me.

*DISCLAIMER - THIS SOLUTION REQUIRES ADOBE ACROBAT PRO (paid version)*

My solution that worked 100% of the time
(involves having access to the high res images which end up being blurry. I'm assuming you will have them):

Use Adobe Acrobat Pro:

1) Open PDF that has blurry images in Acobat Pro

2) Click "Edit PDF" on the menu to the right (pink button toward the top for me)

3) Right click the photos that are blurry (one at a time) and select "Replace Image", and select the appropriate "clear/quality/high def" image

4) Repeat as necessary for each blurred image

5) Save the file.

DONE.

I hope that helps someone! You will only be able to do this if you have ADOBE ACROBAT PRO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines