• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmark applied to selected text - "Untitled"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command-B to apply a bookmark - seems to have changed behaviour mid-document.

Select Text

Command-B

Bookmark is created....but every time it is named 'Untitled' - not very useful in a 400 page document where bookmarks are needed on every page.

The 'Create Bookmark' Button does seem to work correctly... so why different behaviour for what should be the same action?

It's a work-around - but massively slower than being able to Mouse/Keyboard

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Thanks Try67, Yes, Text copies across applications OK...

I found a suggested answer that seemed to work - Deleting the Users preferences folder... (once I could find it)

But then had to spend 30 minutes resetting the useless Adobe Toolbars, Default USA preferences etc.

Doesn't really explain the bug/different behaviour between the Button & the Keyboard shortcut to the same action... but do at least get 'normal' bookmarking now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to copy the text and then paste it into another application, like Word? Does it come out correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Try67, Yes, Text copies across applications OK...

I found a suggested answer that seemed to work - Deleting the Users preferences folder... (once I could find it)

But then had to spend 30 minutes resetting the useless Adobe Toolbars, Default USA preferences etc.

Doesn't really explain the bug/different behaviour between the Button & the Keyboard shortcut to the same action... but do at least get 'normal' bookmarking now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aw man, it's disappointing that this is the correct answer. Bookmarks were working perfectly until recently, and this 'untitled' business is beyond annoying. I go ctrl+C, ctrl+B, ctrl+V for every bookmark now, which gives me plenty of time to reminisce the good old days when a simple ctrl+B would suffice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem...glad I am not alone!  I have been using  ctrl+C, ctrl+B, ctrl+V too...with an expletive here and there when it I forget one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm how I find the Users Preferences file?  Is it on the C:\ drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, It's on the C: Drive - hidden by default, heres the Adobe support info on that:
How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to defaul... - Adobe Community - 4792082

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines