• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Books disappear

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download a new book each month from the University of Chicago Press. They keep disappearing. If this is a result of restarting my computer (MAC), how do I recover them? Or in general, where have they gone and how do I recover them?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @elainek56895858 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to download the document? Are you saving it locally to your computer or on a shared network/drive?

Also, is it a work/IT-managed device? If yes, please contact the IT admin at your end.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just follow the steps listed by the website for downloading books, which consist of affirming that I have Adobe and that it will recognize me. This is my private computer, and I never have any trouble downloading the book each month, but they keep disappearing from my Adobe library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @elainek56895858 

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps you are doing to download the books and saving to Adobe Library? Please upload the video to any cloud storage , create the link and share that link with us, for better understanding.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you sign on to the University of Chicago Press website for the monthly free book, and then you can see what I do each month. I have a MAC and use Adobe to download the book. Anyone could sign on; you might even find the books interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a lot of trouble for us. Also, it might work perfectly for us. There are a lot of people to help, so please do the video that was asked for.  Also, please answer: where do you save the downloaded books, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up. I’m 88 years old, and had no idea that you could even do a video. I just follow the directions on the Chicago website and the books appear in Adobe. If there isn’t a simple solution to this, I can’t do it without precise directions. Using the website, there are about three steps to download the books. I just follow the directions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, we can still probably help without a video but it will take longer, probably. You can't assume everyone sees the same things, your problem might be unique. And we don't yet really know what Adobe app you are running; Adobe have hundreds of apps and we often have to send people somewhere else for help.

Please answer each of our questions carefully, or if you don't know how, please say so. Please never ignore a question.

1. This "Adobe" you are running. What app is it exactly? What you can do, when it's running, is look at the menu bar at the top of the screen. Just after the apple logo is the name of the app. What does it say there? For example it might say "Acrobat Reader" or "Safari" or something else.

2. Where in the app do you look, exactly, for the previous months' files? Please tell us what you click, where you look, what you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the download where have you saved the book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines