Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: some texts disappeared when re-open pdfs

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem:
I frequently use the functions of "edit PDF", adding text boxes, highlighting and reorganizing pages. When I did many changes to a document(?), Adobe always pop up an error message of "The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (14)" when I tried to save the documents. Interestingly, this error message did not affect me saving the document, so I've been ignoring it for more than half a year. However, recently, when I reopen those saved documents, there are many text disappeared.

Actions taken:
I have tried different measures to solve this, including checking for updates, reinstalling adobe and running a preflight fixup to embed the fonts on the original pdf (Tools> Print Production> Preflight> Fixups). However, none of them worked and my work is now severely affected by this issue. I would really appreciate any advice to solve this problem.

P.S. The font I used in all my pdf documents are calibri, and my computer/adobe acrobat has this font embedded.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help, the bug is not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can you confirm the exact version of your software and operating system?

I know this is not a new issue, but do you remember if it started after an update/upgrade or the installation of a new application.

Can you describe how the original file is created? Using which settings?

Can you include a screenshot of File > Properties > Fonts panel.

Finally, if you open the pef in a browser (Chrome > File > Open) does the same text dissapear?

If you really think this is a bug, you can report it to the dev team at https://acrobat.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and help. 

I forgot how it started. All the files are created from word (word to pdf function). 

Here are the screenshot of the fonts panel, turns out there are lots of different fonts in the document.

defaultmjjpwbdni13v_0-1711419872274.pngdefaultmjjpwbdni13v_1-1711419890209.png

defaultmjjpwbdni13v_2-1711419905340.png

The same text still doesn't appear in browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug(?) appears again while I'm editing the pdf....

Everything was normal until I edit one text box (type in few more words). The whole document literally turns into this.

I have reported it to the dev team few days ago but no one responded.

defaultmjjpwbdni13v_0-1711938483048.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines