• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button Tool Missing?

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat DC Pro and I want to add a button to reset the form. I am following the directions I found online. It says to selected Prepare Form, click the Button Tool and then click where I want the button. I can't find the button tool.

2017-05-29 (1).png

Please help me find the action button.

Erica

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who has the new Adobe Acrobat Pro and were unable to find anything that said 'more' as mentioned by multiple users (toolbar on the updated Adobe is on the left not on the right with the 'more' button everyone is talking about), the button is under 'Edit' - Add Content. It took me awhile to figure this out because I was in the 'prepare a form' section and trying to find the 'button' and anything that said more but finally found it under Edit!  Hope this helps anyone using the new update.

Button.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find this edit option you mentioned @Cher2 
are you on apple system. I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not on Apple. I am using Acrobat Pro so the toolbar is now on the lefthand side of the application and there are 4 tabs: All tools, Edit, Convert and Sign, and I was able to find the button component under the 'Edit' tab.

One thing I did notice though is that if you are trying to do a form that requires a signature then you won't be able to add a button so you have to revert the form to one without signatures. Once I reverted the form, then the button component was available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any tool on the left, it is still on the right for me but under more tools, no such option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the More at Prepare Form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a mess -  So I found the OK button, but under properties it does not give me the Action Tab to create the script.  Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too, no action button when I first prepare form.  after a search I get the opportunity to "Add an action button" which then shows up under the "Add Content" list (but does not stay there when I close and reopen, plus the Preview Form option disappears).  I can add a button (when it is visible under Add Content) but the button has no function in the property screen, only the 4 stndard properties.  This sure looks like an Adobe problem.  Is there an update that let's Adobe do what they claim it will do?  It would be great if it would let me build a form with action buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don`t create a Adobe Sign form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a serious flaw.
I get asked to design forms, and then have to tell my clients – um, no I can’t add a button b/c the feature does not work – makes me look like an idiot.
Not sure who you report these bugs too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new UI of Acrobat this function has been moved to the "..." button (in Prepare Form mode) and renamed as "Remove e-signing options":

try67_1-1702993062457.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines