• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculating Monthly Income from one of several different fields

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to create a monthly income calculator. We need monthly income in order to determine if an applicant is eligible for a particular benefit or service, however, sometimes applicants are unaware of how much money they make on a monthly basis but they do know how much they make weekly or biweekly or semi monthly or yearly. I want to calculate the MONTHLY field based on what is entered on at least one of these fields. Can someone please help? 

vxCClerk_0-1678974662182.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use the Validation event of those fields for that.

For example, as the custom Validation event of Annual Income you can enter something like this:

if (event.value) this.getField("Monthly").value = Number(event.value) / 12;

Using the same logic, multiply by 4 to get the result from the Weekly field and multiply by 2 for Bi-Weekly.

I'm not sure what you mean by "semi-monthly", but I think you can get the gist of how it works... Plus, it will allow the user to enter a value into the Monthly field directly, if they wanted to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!

Respectfully, people who are paid bi-weekly are paid 26 times a year. 

People who are paid semi-monthly are paid 24 times a year, so the calculation is a little different for each. 

I highly appreciate your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, then adjust the formula to however you want it to work. It was merely an example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines