• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I make a currently segmented, three-page PDF appear as one continuous scrolling document?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is, with no page breaks as readers scroll down through it.

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

The Adobe PDF printer is a virtual printer (Windows only!) that allows you to create PDF files from any file format that can be printed, including from existing PDF files. This process is called "re-frying". It's not recommended, but sometimes it's the only option.

So what you would do is use the Multiple option in the Print dialog to print your three pages in a 3x1 pattern and set the page size of the result file to be the three times the height of the original pages and the same width. You migh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easily.

1. Go to File > Document Properties
  2. Switch to the Initial View tab
  3. Change Page Layout to Single Page Continuous (see image below)
  4. Click OK and save the PDF

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 11.49.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this does not work at all... in fact after multiple calls to Adobe support I'm told it is impossible to create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are wrong. It can be done using a script, or if are on a Windows machine you can print all three pages to a single page using the Adobe PDF virtual printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohemgree try67​

pls share how?  I have purchased and subscribed until I'm blue in the face and broke!  Each product support group telling me that it's possible, yet once I get the product I'm told it's not possible.  Very same experience today. I downloaded Photoshop Trial followed someone's instructions, it worked, bought it, tried again and now it doesn't.  I'm so aggravated at Adobe at the moment.

How does an Adobe PDF virtual printer work?

What I am being told is that no .pdf can be created as 1 page if it originates as multiple or if it is longer than the settings allow in an <insert your favorite one here> editor.  I am taking a web based doc, received as an email and attempting to create this continuous one page document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe PDF printer is a virtual printer (Windows only!) that allows you to create PDF files from any file format that can be printed, including from existing PDF files. This process is called "re-frying". It's not recommended, but sometimes it's the only option.

So what you would do is use the Multiple option in the Print dialog to print your three pages in a 3x1 pattern and set the page size of the result file to be the three times the height of the original pages and the same width. You might get some white margins added to it, but it should work.

The script option is more robust, but more complicated to create. If you're interested in it contact me privately at try6767 at gmail.com and we could discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How is it for acrobat 8   ?  The features you mentionerd are not found in  8 

I tried from view .....page display, and have chosen ( singe page continuous) but there is not save )

and after I closed the file nothing changed 

By @internet archive

If my memory is correct, these property settings are present since a long time. Try "File→save as".

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines