Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Open Adobe Acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All. 

I keep trying to open up Adobe Acrobat Pro and it keeps closing and opens the application "AcroLicApp," which says "Sorry, Something Went Wrong. More Information 

Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator. Learn more."

I have the full Adobe Creative Cloud Suite through an "Adobe for Enterprise" licence.

I have tried installing and deleteing Adobe Acrobat Pro multiple times through the Adobe Creative Cloud launcher, and I have tried logining in and out of it to no avail. 

Hopefully someone can help.

Regards,

Chris

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Dear All,

I solved the issue. All which was required was to not only uninstall Acrobat using the creative cloud launcher/installer, but also delete all files with "acrobat" in finder. That solved the issue for me after I reinstalled it. Hope it works for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is MacOS 10.15.6 Early 2015 MacBook Pro. All of my other Adobe apps work, excluding Distiller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Something went wrong' on Mac OS

We need some more information to investigate the issue in detail:

1. What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat.
2. Do you have any security software installed that might be causing the issue? If yes, what is the security software you are using?

Please collect the machine logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the logs on the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ , generate the link and share it with us.

Also please share the file from the location "/Users/<USER_NAME>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist" for testing.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately Adobe Acrobat does not open at all, and after opening briefly up on the dock, it closes itself and opens up "AcroLicApp" - Version 20.012.20048 (20.012.20048). As I have continuously deleted and downloaded Adobe Acrobat, I would assume that it would be the lastest version. I have a feeling that it might have been the update which changed the logo, which caused the issue. However, I cannot fully remember this being the case, as I feel like I was using it fine for a brief period after it updated. Only security software installed is MalwareBytes. I just did a scan and it says that my computer is fine.

I ran the logs scan and it says that they are already uploaded to the Adobe LogCollector Portal under the file name, "AdobeLogs_20200929_181553_959-mac.zip" Unfortunately "Sharing restrictions are in place" on my Adobe document cloud, so I can't share the file using this medium. The plist file is https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nsnQzuxRK5rcjgVeo7c9EaKFHCZTEsmS/view?usp=sharing, using my personal GDrive account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChrisBeck

Thank you for sharing the log file and the other requested details.

Please give us some time to get it checked, we will share the update soon.

I have shared some more information in private message, please check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, I replied your a private message.

Regards,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I'm still waiting for a response.

Regards,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to keep you waiting. I have replied to you in PM. Please check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I've replied to your PM.

Regards,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris

I have shared some more steps in PM. Please check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm also having the same issue. Can you help me as well?

-Edwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Sorry for the radio scilence. I have replied to your PM.

Unfortuantely I still have the same issue.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any tips on how to solve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dwi5EB9 & @Edwin5FAE 

I have shared some steps with you in private message please check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same problem. Can you please publish the solution or send to me in private message as well?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx. Solved!

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,
Dwi Tirtadji
[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal, 

I previously wrote that I solved the issue. However, I'm at the office now working behind another desktop computer and the 1st trick doesn't seem to work (rename/delete: com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist then run $ sudo killall cfprefsd in Terminal).

Could you please explain in detail how to performe workaround 2?  

(Add IsNGLEnforced key. And run $ sudo killall cfprefsd in Terminal and check)

Thank you in advance

Best, Dwi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I solved the issue. All which was required was to not only uninstall Acrobat using the creative cloud launcher/installer, but also delete all files with "acrobat" in finder. That solved the issue for me after I reinstalled it. Hope it works for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! It look like a conflict with old license install in the computer ... Can you help me please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent

We  are sorry to hear that, would you mind sharing  more information to investigate the issue in detail:

1. What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat.
2. Do you have any security software installed that might be causing the issue? If yes, what is the security software you are using?

Please collect the machine logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the logs on the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ , generate the link and share it with us.

Also please share the file from the location "/Users/<USER_NAME>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist" for testing.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  What's worse, I am using a business license.  So when I try to get help from Adobe, I get shot down with, "Please contact your administrator for help. A member of your organization is a designated contact for issues with your Adobe products. Reach out to your administrator or IT contact for help."  However, my IT team cannot solve the issue - they have run out of options and have no more ideas.  

I have uninstalled all Adobe products, deleted all uninstalled files, emptied all trash, rebooted, checked for any remaining apps or files with Adobe or Acrobat in the title, logged out from the online identity on all my devices, rebooted again, and then started with a clean download of Creative Cloud.  Same exact thing happens.  
All other products in the CC suite work, just not Acrobat (the one I need daily).

Will Adobe choose to help me?  I sure hope so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly thought I was never going to get anywhere with it after the first few reach outs for support. 

Unilstall acrobat first by using the uninstaller tool or using creative cloud. Then go to aplication support, cashes and prefences, and delete anything you can find regarding acrobat there and AcroLicApp. In essence, you want anything remotely related to Acrobat gone. I would even go as far to uninstall all apps and delete everything remotely related to adobe everywhere to guarantee it will work. That's the fastest solution,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me. Acrobat worked fine until my institution switched to an enterprise license. I had to remove Acrobat to be able to install CC and other apps. All other apps now work, but Acrobat throws up "Sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator. Learn more." any time it is opened. Local IT support has given me a numbers of things to try including the clean up tool, which won't allow me to clean the "Fix Host File" item. I've tried to do it manually, all options have failed and I still cannot open Acrobat. Did you every get a fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-activation.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines