• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create form with calculated fields

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created forms (to fill and sign) in past on the DESKTOP LAPTOP APP ADOBE ACROBAT PRO.

Now I cannot chose the field type "calculated" anymore see screenshot.

Apart of that it is SUPER UTTERLY frustrating that there is one thousand apps called "acrobat" in this support community yet there is ONLY ONE, and it is Adobe Acrobat PRO, point, dot and basta.

Can Adobe not get on task and make this stuff actually userfriendly?!
I cannot even download and edit sign and fill _templates_ that are in the "ONLINE VERSION" of this nightmare so I have to recreate them, because there is one tiny mistake 

Yet as problem state: now suddenly cannot add cacluclate fields anymore.

I a mcrying out loud here, really.

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 16.45.35.png

TOPICS
Cancel subscription , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form". In the future, do not tick the box that says "This document requires signatures" when creating the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, while I NEVER did this before, it worked.

And how to fix the template I have saved time back, where I forgot to make a date field (it is hardcoded now in the template) so i can fix that and do not redo the entire form?
When I download the online teplate as PDF and throw it into adobe it says it is uneditable because signed. But it is not signed, it is a template....

I really need to redo everything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "a template", exactly? Did you apply the Extended Reader Rights to it, by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a sign and fill nightmare on Adobe Pro, you save, you have the option to save it as a template.

That, puts the document online into https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/signatures which is then the ONLY way whatsoever to REUSE this form multiple times. It gets saved in that link as a template, where you can then "use this template" and fill out all form fields, send for signature, multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not have a copy of the original form, before converting it?

If not, share this "template" form and we'll see what we can do to help you, but it's possible this is a "one-way street"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot share this public, and no, there's no local copy because Adobe does not create one!
If at least adobe would be capable of syncings its own contents between online and desktop app... but yeah, I am expecting too much I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the forum for Acrobat Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, I was happy too soon, this is not the calculate field

See here what I had used and want to use:https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/calculated-fields.html
I simply dont understand why this would not be like in the DOC anymore. 

That stuff I got now cant even do division - not to speak of actual math like percentage calculations, field A plus field B minus Field C per field D and so on.
It was perfectly possible before, my form I have online is proof of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calculations in an Adobe Sign form are done completely differently than in an Acrobat form. I think you have to re-create them all from scratch if you convert a file to this format, and it's very likely many things won't be possible to implement there at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines