• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit and save PDF file in acrobat when saved to Google Drive in Windows 11

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't properly edit and save a PDF file in acrobat after I initially saved the file directly or copied the file into Google Drive for Desktop. I am using Windows 11. This issue does not occur on my Windows 10 computers. 

Once I try to save the file, it saves the files as a .tmp file. Then I cannot open it. What I found that works is turning off "Enable Protected Mode at startup" in Sandbox protections. However, only on some of my Windows 11 computers, this works (i.e. enabling protected mode again leads to the error), but on others this isn't the definite solution (i.e. enabling protected mode again does not lead to the error). 

Is this a glitch in adobe acrobat? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to open or save the PDF in Acrobat that is initially saved to Google drive? A small video recording of the same would be very helpful.

Do you get any error messages? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to add Google drive to Adobe Acrobat as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/access-google-drive-files.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the latest adobe acrobat version installed. 

1) I save the file directly into google drive

2) I open the PDF file in adobe acrobat

3) I make edits to PDF file (either add text or delete a page)

4) When I save the file, it creates a .tmp file (see attachment)

5) When I close the file, I cannot open up the file anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried adding google drive to Adobe Acrobat as described earlier and then try to access the file and make the changes and see if that works?

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it did not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat. Also a small video recording of the steps you are doing be very helpful.

Please collect the and the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud link as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further investigation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines