• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Edit Text - Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2017.012.20098, Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 - When opening a PDF then selecting "Edit PDF" error "Adobe Acrobat has encountered an unknown error." Selecting add or edit text throws the error again. I've tried a variety of PDFs with the same result. I've rebooted with the same result. I've uninstalled/reinstalled with the same result. This is new behavior as I've been making edits like this for better than a year without error. This morning I tried the same think on my MacBook Pro (Mac Adobe version) using High Sierra OS - same outcome. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

I appreciate the direction but am happy I did not spend all that time chasing my tail. I printed then rescanned the document, overwriting the original. That copy was editable. Thank you AnandSri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charliescarface,

We apologize for the inconvenience  caused, as per the description above, you are not able to Edit PDF files as getting an Unknown error, Is that correct?

As you mentioned that you have tried uninstallation and reinstallation, please try to reset the preferences of Acrobat, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.  Link: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8511

For testing purpose, create another user account, or enable the root account, and check with Acrobat.

Is it happening with all PDF files or with one PDF file?

If the issue persists after resetting the preferences, then Uninstall the Acrobat, then remove the Acrobat folders from System Library and user Library i.e. ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe and /Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe

Then restart the computer and install the Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the direction but am happy I did not spend all that time chasing my tail. I printed then rescanned the document, overwriting the original. That copy was editable. Thank you AnandSri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so awesome to hear. Thank you for sharing the workaround. Give us a shout if you need any assistance with Acrobat/Reader in future.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anand Sri, I do not find it awesomely good that a workaround for an Adobe function is to print hard copy and then scan again.  My IT dep't (myself) doesn't have time to double-triple work like that.  Did all these problems begin around the time Mike Flynn started investing in the company?  When I changed to Windows 11, Adobe pretty much forced me to start up the online subscription, I thought.  Actually, maybe Adobe doesn't work with Windows 11, regardless of the Adobe format.  I'm shopping for a CHANGE, not a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines