• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install - Error Code: 136

Engaged ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having issues with the Fill & Sign part of Acrobat, so I figured a good ol' flush-n-fill was in order. I uninstalled Acrobat DC, rebooted, and attempted to reinstall it. I received the message: "Unable to install the product. Click Retry to download and install it again. (Error Code: 136)". The log file it generates:

Exit Code: 7
Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW003, DW071 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s) 

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 21.7.20099.0 Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_21.007.20099 -----------

ERROR: DW071: 

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The error code analyzer is completely useless; I have tried the "Retry" button many times with the exact same result. I even let Microsoft go ahead and update my Windows 10 to Windows 11. I also ran Wise Registry Cleaner because some research indicated that the "Error Code 136" means something wrong with the registry. None of these tactics have worked; I still get the same error.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Hi there

Hope you are doing fine and sorry to hear that. As described you get error 136 when trying intall the Acrobat DC

Please go throuh the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/can-t-install-acrobat-dc-error-136/m-p/11792313#M295581 and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Well, I cannot explain what happened, but as soon as I logged in with my new, local, test user, I saw an Acrobat DC icon on the desktop. It opened up just fine for that user and the Fill & Sign component seemed to work, as well. I don't know how it was installed, because I not only un-installed it, but I also ran the AdobeAcroCleaner tool to completely uninstall it.

did, however, install Adobe Reader soon afterward, just to see if its Fill & Sign component worked. Perhaps it recognized my logi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing fine and sorry to hear that. As described you get error 136 when trying intall the Acrobat DC

Please go throuh the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/can-t-install-acrobat-dc-error-136/m-p/11792313#M... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I am running on a Windows PC, I assume that you mean the only option available to me is to create a new admin user on this computer. Will doing this bypass any registry problems? And once I install Acrobat DC with this new test user, will it be installed for my user account as well (so that I can subsequently delete the test user account)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Installing the application in the new user profile is for testing purpose only to see if its an issue with the user profile or not.

As Error Code 136 is usually caused by a corrupted registry entry. Most errors on your machine are caused by uninstalling programs, installing new ones and accidentally deleting important files.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I cannot explain what happened, but as soon as I logged in with my new, local, test user, I saw an Acrobat DC icon on the desktop. It opened up just fine for that user and the Fill & Sign component seemed to work, as well. I don't know how it was installed, because I not only un-installed it, but I also ran the AdobeAcroCleaner tool to completely uninstall it.

did, however, install Adobe Reader soon afterward, just to see if its Fill & Sign component worked. Perhaps it recognized my login information and automatically updated Reader to Acrobat? I don't know.

In any case, signing back into my main accoung in Windows 11, I found that Acrobat DC is still installed and working fine, even the Fill & Sign component.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, except I just did a standard uninstall. Creative Cloud app still does not recognize that Acrobat is installed but it is back and working just fine now for my test user and my main account. I'm on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines