Exit

Cant Install Acrobat DC in CC... again

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this is getting real old....

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW003, DW071 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 15.9.20069.0 Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_15.009.20069 -----------

ERROR: DW071:

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603

For you support guys, u know what this is, no explanation is even necessary, seen it all over the internet, still not one of the solutions there work.

The uninstall tools are listed as only for NON-CC Acrobat standalone installs.

I have uninstalled from Windows and from the CC panel and it still give this error.

I need a solution for this now, I have work piling up and had to download some other freeware to do some Acrobat work while paying Adobe for something they cannot fix.

Windows 7 Pro

All other CC programs have installed fine.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

elonzito  wrote

markh16894458 wrote

I resolved it by simply deleting the contents of my Program Files/Adobe/Adobe DC folder

Thanks for the suggestion. This was the only thing I did and it worked like a charm!

This worked for me too! I tried all of the other suggestions from Adobe, and none of them worked. Now I need to reinstall all of the other CC apps that I uninstalled while trying to fix Acrobat. I wish I had found this solution first!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and could not upgrade from Adobe Acrobat XI to Acrobat DC.

I downloaded the separate Acrobat DC Install file - thank you for providing the location. Running the installation is helpful as it identified (for me) where the problem was. Apparently the C:/Program Data/Adobe/Adobe PDF/ Settings Permissions didn't allow the installer to continue.

I don't know why or when the Permissions changed but adding permissions allowed the Installer to continue with the install. Acrobat DC is finally up an running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing exactly this problem and I pretty much know what caused it. I had a drive fail which held a number of the installer.msi for 3rd party products, including Acrobat DC. Now, DC is fully removed from my system and out of the registry but CC insists on trying to update it and as such tries to run the installer file to uninstall it. But that file is not there. It's not on my system so I can't Browse to the location and select it for the product. If it was there I am not sure it would not crash because the product is gone.

Until today, Acrobat was my only problem, but today Photoshop started crashing on update too. That may different issue but I haven't gotten to it yet. I have tried the msiexec fix and the sfc fix. I have run a tool that Adobe gives to fix install/uninstall problems. No joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue here.  I've tried all of this stuff and nothing helps.

Isn't there a log of the install progress to tell us where this errors out?

-Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Go into c: Program Files (x64) or (32). There you will find a folder named Adobe DC rename this to Adobe DC_old.

Continue / run the installation again. This solved the problem for me, when I had the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem for me.

DC installed on my lenovo t440, but not on my lenovo x1. both running the most up to date version of windows 10.

i don't need acrobat right now, but i can only imagine how someone in my shoes who purchased CC with intentions to specifically use acrobat must feel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet. I tried every single on of these steps and STILL can not get it to download. This is ridiculous. I can't understand how I pay for a service and am not even allowed to download the one program I planned on using it for! There has got to be a simpler solution than all of these commands and admin run arounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, it's been like this for a couple of months now, and none of the instructions that I found since then worked either.

Bad, Adobe, very bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have never had so many issues trying to install a program.  Absolute BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a solution!! I tried pretty much everything and finally got it to install photoshop, acrobat DC and illustrator. What I did was follow the permission steps given by adobe (check here for those steps Error exit code 6, exit code 7 installing Adobe Creative Cloud ) for the folders that are listed in my error information when I clicked "learn more." After, I restarted creative cloud, and I DEACTIVATED  my anti-virus. This is what I think was really preventing the permissions on each folder. I installed them all, restarted my computer for good measure, and boom I'm in business! I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered similar issues upgrading from Acrobat X, tried the cleaner, retried the installation to no avail. I also tried downloading the stand alone installer for Acrobat DC and encountered the same issues as above. I disabled Kaspersky AV and still had no luck. Ended up just deleting the C:\ProgramData\adobe\Adobe PDF directory and trying again. It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have exact same issue.  If it wont upgrade, at least there should be option to shut off the damn update notification every day.  Dev's at Adobe doesn't even know how to code properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any of you running Process Explorer or a similar app that holds a lock on existing services and prevents them from being uninstalled? There's a known issue with PE and such apps.

In my case, I had another version of Acrobat installed, uninstalled it, and tried to install Acrobat DC. It was failing with the errors listed in this thread.

I went to Windows Services and saw "Adobe Acrobat Update Service" there, in a typical disabled and totally incapacitated state, typical for dead services pending uninstallation. This usually prevents reinstalls without rebooting first. However, the solution if you don't want to reboot is to close Process Explorer. Once I did that, the dead service disappeared from Services, and the installation finally went through.

Here's a reference that can help Adobe and you guys: How to solve "The specified service has been marked for deletion" error - Stack Overflow​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same problem, but I resolved it by simply deleting the contents of my Program Files/Adobe/Adobe DC folder. It wouldn't let me purge them all, so I skipped those. Once everything I could delete was gone, I reinstalled it from the CC app and presto! Seems to work fine.

I'm running Windows 7, btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markh16894458 wrote

I resolved it by simply deleting the contents of my Program Files/Adobe/Adobe DC folder

Thanks for the suggestion. This was the only thing I did and it worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweeeeet! I solved something!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

elonzito  wrote

markh16894458 wrote

This worked for me too! I tried all of the other suggestions from Adobe, and none of them worked. Now I need to reinstall all of the other CC apps that I uninstalled while trying to fix Acrobat. I wish I had found this solution first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines