Exit

Cant Install Acrobat DC in CC... again

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this is getting real old....

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW003, DW071 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 15.9.20069.0 Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_15.009.20069 -----------

ERROR: DW071:

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603

For you support guys, u know what this is, no explanation is even necessary, seen it all over the internet, still not one of the solutions there work.

The uninstall tools are listed as only for NON-CC Acrobat standalone installs.

I have uninstalled from Windows and from the CC panel and it still give this error.

I need a solution for this now, I have work piling up and had to download some other freeware to do some Acrobat work while paying Adobe for something they cannot fix.

Windows 7 Pro

All other CC programs have installed fine.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

elonzito  wrote

markh16894458 wrote

I resolved it by simply deleting the contents of my Program Files/Adobe/Adobe DC folder

Thanks for the suggestion. This was the only thing I did and it worked like a charm!

This worked for me too! I tried all of the other suggestions from Adobe, and none of them worked. Now I need to reinstall all of the other CC apps that I uninstalled while trying to fix Acrobat. I wish I had found this solution first!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic check.

Make sure Acrobat is not listed among Control Panel> Program and Features list.

End all Adobe and setup related process if running from Task manager like Creative Cloud , CoreSync, AAMUpdater, Windows Installer , Setup.exe, msi/exec............etc

Run System File check command once and see if there is any issue with System files ?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Also after SFC Scan , we will check whether the Window Installer and Windows Module Installer services are started and the Startup Type is set to Manual. and we can also  try Un-registering and Re-registering Windows Installer via Command Prompt.

Step 1)

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

Services.msc

It will open Windows services .

Locate Windows Installer and Windows Module Installer services. Double click on it and then check whether the service is started and startup type is set to manual.

Step 2)

In the Start menu search box menu , type CMD .

It will provide Command Prompt option in search results.

Right click on Command Prompt option and then select " Run as Administrator"  .

302x115ximage6.png.pagespeed.ic.TIqGdF87GM.jpg

It will open Command Prompt window in elevated mode.

• When the system scan completes, type msiexec /unreg in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.
  • Type msiexec /regserver in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.

First Un-register and then re-resgiter.

After performing above steps, try to install Acrobat again and check.

Still same?? let us know .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same after following every step above...

I "installed" from

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop apps | Adobe Creative Cloud
and it still opened up the CC panel, started there, and same error messages:

Acrobat DC

Update Failed - Learn More (<--- Clicked)

Update Failed

Errors encountered during installation.(7)

More Information(<--- Clicked)

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW003, DW071 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 15.9.20069.0 Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_15.009.20069 -----------

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable Hidden Administrator account and try to install and check.  Later you can simply disable it.

Step 1)

In the start menu search box , type as CMD .

It will provide Command Prompt option is search results.

Right click on Command Prompt option and then select " Run as Administrator"  .

302x115ximage6.png.pagespeed.ic.TIqGdF87GM.jpg

It will open Command Prompt window in elevated mode.

Step 2)

Now copy below command then right click on Command Prompt black screen window and select Paste option and press Enter key.

net user administrator /active:yes

484x211ximage7.png.pagespeed.ic.UL9DEePAvt.png

You should see a message that the command completed successfully.

Step 3)

Restart the computer and login to user account named " Administrator"  and then try to install Acrobat again.

384x213ximage8.png.pagespeed.ic.tuGeRMtR5J.jpg

Note : To Disable Hidden Admin account :   net user administrator /active:no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue thru the admin login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing , what was the result of SFC scan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues from the scan, everything was hunky dory...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading Acrobat Pro DC from below link and then try to install :

Download Adobe Acrobat products | Standard, Pro | DC, XI, X

Let me know if you face any issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually in the end of the install process after downloading the file, but then it asks for a serial #... never got one for CC... but if this works I am fine with it, I just need it to work no matter how we install... how do I get a serial #?

And I was following the instructions from the other article for that folder options, but it seems that was more for deleting an old version and I dont have any version installed right now until I just ran your downloaded file where I am stuck....

Thanks for your help btw... this is maddening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the screenshot of window ,which is asking for serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got exactly the same problem with installation. A coincidence or?

Something new?

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW003, DW071 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sørena89522101, Did you tried with the steps mentioned above ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the first option - Use Trial or Subscription.  As you have CC subscription , it will recognize your CC subscription when you sign in,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, did and now this, smh, has this software been tested before being release?  Have never had this much trouble with installing something from Adobe or anywhere else. I went to make sure that folder "Startup" was writeable...  ideas?

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know whether you had logged in to Hidden Admin account or your regular account?

If you havent logged in to Hidden Admin account  , please log out from regular account and login to Hidden admin account,

Also , Un-register Windows Installer service from Commond prompt.

Then Re-Register again and then try to install ..     [ Steps we already discussed , follow same steps again ]

I certainly understand that this is bit frustrating , MSI installations are like this lol . among Adobe product this issue is encountered during installation of Lightroom , Acrobat specifically. You cannot say its Microsoft issue or Adobe issue hehe. The ball is on the top of net , does not belong to this side of court or the other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got this error while doing stand alone installation..please suggest solution as im unable to locate this particular file.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer below link and try with recommended steps mentioned.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-1402-error-1406-acrobat.html#main__1___Advanced__Set_permis...

Also you may try providing full permissions to Tool bar to current user profile under Registry.

Caution : Please do take back up of registry before making any changes. it is very very important.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried giving full permission to that particular folder under registry but not helped..but in the meanwhile was able to install acrobat choosing ignore option for this error & it worked. but now when I am trying to update acrobat it gives same error (could not write value...) apart from this the software just works fine....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! I'm good now. Had been fighting this issue for weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also refer to:

Exit Code: 6, Exit Code: 7 Installation Errors - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/errors-exit-code-6-exit.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same problem, sigh.....

And that folder search option thing has wrong directions... there is no "Advance setting" section under the view tab in Win 7, so........... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep , the Advanced Settings will be listed under View Tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know whether you are trying to Turn Off Simple File Sharing  from Folder Options window and attempting to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines