• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change default download location for Acrobat Reader in Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you continue to open PDFs with Acrobat from Chrome and optionally choose to save the file to the computer, but still be prompted for a file location? As it stands, when I save a file, it always saves to the Downloads directory. I want to be prompted before it saves.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purely from a Chrome standpoint, one can set a preference to always ask to where a files should be downloaded:

dl_chrome.png

If you do not have this option turned on, it might help your issue.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave, but Chrome's "Ask where to save each file before downloading" is already set to the active position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe give this a try.  Assuming you are viewing the PDF in Chrome's viewer, Right-click on the PDF page itself and choose Save as...

pdf3.png

For me, this allows me to select the desired location of the file.

I hope this helps,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave - Strangely, now the Chrome Acrobat extension is prompting for a download location when clicking the download button, not just when right clicking on the document.

So, the issue is resolved for the moment. I just don't know why the system changed its behavior.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - good news!  FYI... When I click on the button, I am asked for location as well.  Here's hoping that it continues working this way for you!

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reopening this thread. It seems the new version of Acrobat Chrome Extension does not prompt where to save a file, it just downloads it to the default folder and immediately opens it in desktop Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rriegner87 I can confirm the same issue! Very annoying, and sorry to say that I have not found a solution to this. I hope for someone more skilled to find it soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same here. The extension should respect the Chrome prompt when saving setting. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue. It looks like a workaround may be to print to PDF. Then you are prompted for a save location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem as described. The Adobe Acrobat extension for Chrome does not ask the destination of a save, instead automatically placing it into the Windows downloads folder. Please update the extension to allow the user to select the save destination of the file. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines