• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change file name

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF which I created myself from a Word doc and saved it as "Modern 2,054sqm Canning Vale property snared by medical company". I've created a link on my website page to that PDF however when you click on it and it downloads the PDF, the PDF has a gobbledegook name. My website forum has said that the file's owner must change its name in the metadata properties and pointed me to where I can find how to do that on Adobe's website. However when I open the properties on my PDF I can't see anywhere that mentions metadata.

How can I keep the subject line as the file name please?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

The files are stored with this names on the web sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's under File - Properties - Title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but in Title it has "Contact:" (no idea where that came from) and I'm not able to change that. Someone else authored the Word doc, I've put my name as co-author, saved it as a PDF. But I can't change anything in that Title box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Acrobat or the free Reader? If the latter then you can't change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's all I've ever had over 20 years is the free versions. I was always able to (before) Re-Name a .pdf file right in the Adobe program. I would click on a .pdf file and it would say Open With: in a dropdown list & I would choose Open with Adobe PDF Reader & after I looked over the file, I would RENAME it so I could remember one .pdf file from the other.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the free version. The website I refer to in my original question is a new one I'm working on. With my current and live website if you link to a PDF it keeps the name of the file, although with no spaces. I'm not doing anything different. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the file, or at least a screenshot of what you mean, it's very difficult to help you.

At any rate, you can't edit PDF files with the free Reader. You will need Acrobat to be able to make any meaningful changes to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the snapshot of the same doc on my old and new websites.

You can also see what I mean by these links. The publicrelations.com.au site is the current one , wix the new one (first story under Alliance Commercial in both):

Media Room : Public Relations

mysite-1

PDF snapshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are stored with this names on the web sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir,

Do you know how I can Re-Name my .pdf file using either Adobe Reader Touch or Adobe Reader DC in Windows 10?

I used to always use a dropdown menu before when I was using an Android Tablet my loving sister gifted me brand new when my Windows Desktop (s) kicked the bucket. Now that I got rid of the Tablet & purchased an HP Laptop pre=installed with Windows 10, I don't know if it's a different something with Windows or if I just forgot how to.

Respectfully,

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Windows system use the Windows Explorer to change the file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a Mac and need to change a file name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines