• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Document Properties of thousands of files within sub directories.

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish change under Document Properties - Inital View: Page layout to Single Page, Change the Magnification to Fit Page, and add a check next to Resize window to initial page. All of this done to tens of thousands of files that are spread accross hundred diffrent sub folders. I tried Adobe customer service the first guy just closed the chat window, and the second guy told me i could not change thos parameters from the document properties window. So I am left to try here to get some answers. I just do not want to do this one PDF at a time. Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think you could use an action to achieve some if not all of your requirements.

Just search in the tools for "action", select "action wizard", select "add new action", select "Document processing" and then select "Set Open Options"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add that you will need to select the parent folder of all of these files as the input for the Action, and it will automatically process all the files in it, and in all of its sub-folders. However, be aware that it will also process all non-PDF files, by first converting them to PDF (if possible) and then running the selected commands on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works but I need to apply the settings and then click "Save" for each file in the directory. this process needs to be automated. Yes, if its not clear I have not used the Action Wizard tool before. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add a Save command to the Action...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines