• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checkbox with value and addup

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm working on a form in Acrobat and I'm stuck.
Here's the situation:

Mattie_d_0-1663843415730.png

Multiple questions with 3 checkboxes. Each row can select 1 checkbox.

Each checkbox has a value, as shown above.

I want to add up all the values of the selected checkboxes.
For instance, if you were te select the first question checkbox with 1 and the second question checkbox with 2, somewhere in the document the numer 3 (adding up 1 and 2).
This document has about 40 questions.

I really hope this is possible in Acrobat 🙂

TOPICS
JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

It's the same for radio buttons, except radio buttons have choices instead of export value, but it works the same, set choices to be 0,1,2.

To make checkboxes work as group, give all 3 checkboxes same name and give them different export value (0,1,2).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you already give checkboxes export values of 0,1,2 then in field where you want to calculate total, go to properties → 'calculate' tab and select 'Value is the', leave as (Sum+) and click on 'pick' and select your checkboxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I named them checkboxes, but they are radio buttons.
Or is there a way to make a group of check boxes, so only 1 of 3 can be checked? (Just like the radio buttons)
I did find the sum+ function, but I don't know how to create groups with check boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same for radio buttons, except radio buttons have choices instead of export value, but it works the same, set choices to be 0,1,2.

To make checkboxes work as group, give all 3 checkboxes same name and give them different export value (0,1,2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that fixes the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue but I'm using checkboxes and the Export Value only allows me to put 'Yes/No' - If I put a number it doesn't register it. Can I export a number value from a checkbox or does it have to be a radio button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ignore this.. I figured it out. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines