• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome Adobe Acrobat Extension not opening a doc at a specific page with #Page=PageNumber in URL

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found a similar post at https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/open-pdf-on-specific-page/m-p/11459726 but didn't find a good answer.

When Chrome used to support the plug-in, a bookmark on a PDF doc could be opened with URL-to-PDF#Page=PageNumber format; but the extension doesn't seem to support the page or detination name.

Is this a bug or is there any plan for enhancement for the extension?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michelle for expressing this more succinctly than I was able to in another thread. This needs to be addressed pronto. My field depends on public policy wonks being able to link to page-specific url destinations using the aformentioned "#page=PageNumber" suffix to create an online paper trail to federal codes of regulations, legal and public policy docs, and all our efforts are going to naught when the Chrome extension totally disrespects the page-specific destination. I am begging the developers at Adobe to address this glitch promptly. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a issue raised against this on user voice - https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/926812-acrobat-reader-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/41963473-...

The forums do have some Adobe Employees but this is not an official channel, if you up-vote that above issue then it should get looked at, although I have no idea how many votes you need for it to have an impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BarlaeDC Thanks for noticing this thread and for recommending posting on UserVoice. I read the thread you recommended on UserVoice and there is already a solution for that problem built into the standalone or desktop version of Acrobat. The solution is to append the suffix #page=pageNumber after the .pdf file extension in the url so that the user will be taken to a specific page of a PDF.  The issue that Michelle and I are trying to call attention is to is that this excellent feature is being nullified by the web browser or chrome extension version of Acrobat. In any case, I did start a new thread on UserVoice here (https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/931921-adobe-acrobat-in-browsers/suggestions/45738814-acrobat-c...) but haven't yet receive any reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@michellek64016516 @BarlaeDC So I got a reply from an Adobe rep in a different thread and posted a Zoom video illustrating my workflow for replicating the bug in MAC OS Chrome. Please upvote the thread below if you want to see Adobe take action on this.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-acrobat-online-discussions/bug-report-acrobat-chrome-extension-...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines