• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color issues in Mountain Lion with Acrobat Pro

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I'm in the right forum, but here it goes.

Since upgrading my OS to Mountain Lion, I've noticed  when viewing PDFs output from InDesign 5.5 that once in Acrobat Pro the colors look muted and inaccurate.  I never saw this in Snow Leopard, hence my posting.  Color in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop CS5.5 seem just fine, it's only when a PDF is viewed in Acrobat that I see this muted color issue. 

What I'm concerned with is are these problems when viewing only, or is the PDF color range itself screwed up?  I do prepress work and am using an Eizo CG241 display, CS5.5 and Acrobat Pro 10.1.4.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 265 Replies 265
New Here ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twosphoto. While I basically agree with your comments. The file structure is not effected, just the way the colours are displayed on screen, this is very important to many users who need Acrobat Pro v11 for soft proofing solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed that it is indeed a problem, I just thought we were getting away from the crux of the situation.  Adobe and Sandeep need information, not anger.  We can save our anger for Wall Street crooks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it take to get their attention?

This whole thread is about information which obviously hasn't sunk through to them. Witness

Sandeep V. wrote:

About 11.0.3 update, its working great for I have it on my MacBook Pro. Thank you everyone for confiming us the same. I'm glad that you are back on rails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe doesn't want to fix the bug.

otherwise they would have fixed it.

if these guys fixed it adobe could have fixed it

https://github.com/iccir/ColorFaker

adobe does not want to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

I am just suprised they haven't blamed Apple yet.

Since ver 9 displays correctly that would make them look kind of dumb.

But that is exactly what they did with the icon creation bug in PSCS6 that was not there in PSCS5.

They don't want to fix it or they no longer have the engineering capacity to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, Sandeep. I think I may have encountered this same problem (ignoring the user's display profile) in the Photoshop CC and CS6 print preview. If so, it may be a helpful clue. This is my post in the Photoshop forum...

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1272047?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others said: 10.1.7 nothing has changed after upgrade... I don't understand why Adobe can't fix the bug, which did not exist in earlier versions! For God's sake! It's been 10 version of AdobeAcrobat, this isn't the first version of the software!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just checked with Acrobat 9.5.4, 10.1.7 and 11.0.03. Nothing has changed: In 9.5.4 the colors are right. In 10 and 11 they are wrong. This update did not help.

Reinhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 11.0.03 on Mountain lion 10.8.2 is now displaying the same pdf file in the same colours as Photoshop CS 6. (on my system at least)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat and Adobe Reader 11.0.3 both work as expected now. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Thank you for being so patient with us.

Bug#3435661 has been fixed in the latest updates that we have released for Acrobat 10 and XI. Please download and install 10.1.7 and 11.0.3 for Acrobat 10 amd XI respectively.

For more information please refer the release notes here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/11/11.0.03.html

Feel free to let us know the results. I'm hoping that it will meet the requirements.

Sandeep V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sandeep. Acrobat 11.0.3 appears to have fixed the problem! (Thank you!) However, Adobe Reader 10.1.7 still has the problem. Given that, I would guess the browser plug-in remains unfixed as well. I did not check Acrobat 10.x, as I do not have it installed. Hopefully, the fix will migrate to whatever still needs it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandeep. I've also just updgraded to 10.1.7 but the problem remains. Tried w existing PDFs and making new ones, but no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the alert, but I'm still seeing the same problem.  Like others, I've made new PDFs from known ID files and the color is still muted in Acrobat 10.1.7, from both the new PDFs and the originals I made a month ago.  Thanks for keeping on this game, however, it can't be easy to solve.  I thought about upgrading to 11, but haven't yet, cash is short at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou. Acrobat 11.0.03 installed on Mountain Lion 10.8.2 is now displaying colours correctly when viewing on my dell 2410 monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - unfortunately the issue is not solved:

OS X 10.8.3, Mac Pro 2012, Acrobat 11.0.03, two Monitors (1 hardware calibrated Eizo CG271W and a 19") ... still the same problem with wrong colors (synchronized Adobe CS6, eciRGB2 / ISOcoated v2 workflow).

But there is a new further problem with the separations shown with "preview" - now under the cursor is no value shown anymore. And this new bug is under OS X 10.7.5, too!!

With the same settings under OS X 10.7.5 everything is fine as it should (even with 11.0.03, except the new preview issue, because of that I switched back to 11.0.02 under OS X 10.7.5).

So, with this (in a color managed workflow heavy) issue we are not able to switch to Mountain Lion (and yes, I know ColorFaker - but this is not really a solution in a network with different designers).

Greetings

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it is time to ask what alternatives are out there for working with PDF files.

So sad to see Adobe destroying themselves like this. Bug after bug after bug not being fixed and new bugs being introduced like this. And now the whole Creative Cloud debacle where we are being forced to look for alternatives for PS etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sandeep,

It's been a couple of days - have you been able to speak with the Acrobat software manager to find out why this crucial bug fix has not been applied to Acrobat version 10 plus if and when there is a plan to fix this omission? Thank you keeping us updated.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello forum,

just want to confirm what others already reported:

No changes here on my system and that of a client with the recent update - both OS X 10.8.3 and Acrobat Pro 11.0.03:

colors are still displayed incorrectly - not enough saturation und a greenish color cast.

Connected displays are profiled wide gamut devices: NEC Spectraview Reference 241 and Eizo SX2262WH.

Acrobat Pro 9.5.5 is OK and identical to Photoshop.

Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Same issue here on MacBook Air 10.8.3 and Acrobat 11.0.03.

I had to install Reader 9.4.0 (still avaible on Adobe's site) to have correct colors !!

My usual workflow is to export PDF from Indesign CS6 as PDF/X-1a. The issue disappears when you embed a color profile as others mentionned.

What a shame…

Please Adobe, this is more than urgent…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  As for as I can see the bug is fixed in Acrobat Pro 11 now. I have not got 10 so cannot comment. The screen used is a profiled Eizo ColorEdge 243W. Images look the same in PS, Acrobat Pro 9 and 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alitaliano wrote:

Hi.

Same issue here on MacBook Air 10.8.3 and Acrobat 11.0.03.

I had to install Reader 9.4.0 (still avaible on Adobe's site) to have correct colors !!

My usual workflow is to export PDF from Indesign CS6 as PDF/X-1a. The issue disappears when you embed a color profile as others mentionned.

What a shame…

Please Adobe, this is more than urgent…

What do you mean when you say "The issue disappears when you embed a color profile"?

I am not seeing that with 10.1.4. Does the latest update change this behavior?

Same file looks correct in 9.5.5 but doesn't in 10.1.4 and it has an embeded profile, at least according to Convert Colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in InDesign if you "include output profile" when exporting PDF, Acrobat Pro will render the colors correctly.

I you export as PDF/X-1a (which doesn't allow any embed profile) you'll have the color problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alitaliano wrote:

Hi,

in InDesign if you "include output profile" when exporting PDF, Acrobat Pro will render the colors correctly.

I you export as PDF/X-1a (which doesn't allow any embed profile) you'll have the color problem.

I will not display the color correctly in 10.1.4. Will it in 10.1.7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I only have 11.0.03 but you will find your answer in previous posts. It seems to work for some users but not everyone…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines