Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color pages keep displaying as Black and white

Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Acrobat pro dc and I am running into a weird problem. Everytime I try to switch out one page of a document with a color page the color page displays as black and white. This is even stranger because when I preview the document the page is color and if I go to organize pages the page displays as color. However when I look at the actual file the page is bw. Does any one know why this is? I am using acrobat pro dc on a MAC

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you accidentally have any Accessibility options turned on in your preferences? Edit > Preferences > Accessibility > Replace Document Colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace document colors was the answer I needed! I had previously changed the settings to try to darken some light lines on another file, but by the next time I needed to see a color pdf,I  had forgotten about the change.- Thank  you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did not work ofor me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the color page is viewed with Output Preview turned on, are there any oddly named spot colors? Perhaps Acrobat can't determine the correct color to display so it appears BW? If this is the case, converting the PDF to 4C process, or one of the PDF/X versions may fix the display issue.

Another possibility occurred to me, if the PDF contains a BW image overprinting a color image, it would appear as BW, unless the Acrobat preference Use Overprint Preview was on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on Android but I had my layout in night mode. If you turn off night mode, the original colour shows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines