Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine Files Error Acrobat Pro DC

Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am trying to convert multiple image files (jpegs) into one pdf file. When I go to Combine Files, select the files and hit combine, I get an error message that says, "No pdf file was created because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unidentified error." While trying to do this, I have also received the error, "Adobe Acrobat could not open [file] because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged." I have tried it with various files so I know it's not an issue of a particular damaged file. It happens for any image files I try including pngs. It also will happen with any number of files I try, even just two.

I have done this in the past without an error so I'm not sure why it is not working. I am using Windows 10. Any suggestions? Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

I figured out a solution. Acrobat would not merge files with a filename longer than a certain amount of characters. I shortened the file names to a few characters and it worked fine. Very strange solution, but hey I'm not complaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a solution. Acrobat would not merge files with a filename longer than a certain amount of characters. I shortened the file names to a few characters and it worked fine. Very strange solution, but hey I'm not complaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So THANK YOU for that note. I went back to my list and changed some file names, but a couple were still long. I did, though, take out a hyphen and the name of the songwriter from my filenames, and all went well. Wonder if it was the character? My longest name is still 35 characters, but it went ok...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just numbered my 39 document file to combine and still got the same error message - no characters, no long names, just sequential numbers - anyone have any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your folder structure is likely too long. As in, the path to the files, plus the filenames are too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I changed the file path and it worked, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered problems with combining files when using a different application for

electronic signatures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines