• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine Files - Unable to Find File

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a subscriber to Acrobat Pro.  Combine Files whether using open files or files from the disk will not come up with the error "File not Found" in Acrobat Reader.  The only way I was able to finally combine my files was to use the web application via Acrobat Reader DC.    However, on my own computer, I am offered a 7-day free trial of what I already own!!!

I have notice that I can never open a recent folder on my Mac - as I always get the error, even if the location exists:

"The location you are trying to open is no longer available and cannot be opened"

Then I have to select "Choose "Different Location" - the fact that this happens may be related to why "Combine Files" cannot find files on the local hard drive.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SamSha,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat.

We checked the email address registered on the community and saw an active subscription for Acrobat Pro DC. 

If you still get the error to start a free trial, I suggest logging out of Acrobat Pro DC, install Creative Cloud and sign in back into Creative Cloud using the same ID. 

This would enable the application to automatically recognize the credentials and the subscription that you have. 

You may also take reference from the given link: Purchased Creative Cloud apps appear as trial versions

Once that is done, I suggest you check for file permissions if you face the error for location cannot be accessed.

Let us know if this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I think the problem is something else - I have given full file access under privacy permissions to Adobe (graphic1).  The folder not found issue persists - and I believe this is the same problem I have when combining files and the system looks for a file - the error is that file cannot be found (Graphic 2 and 3). None of the recent folders are accessible unless click on "Choose a Different Folder"

Having said that, I did log out of Adobe, I signed into Creative Cloud (Graphic-4). I then go to Adobe - select three radom pdf files to combine - and I receive the message "This file cannot be found" for all three files which were the open files.  The final error states 

"There were 3 errors encountered while combining files. Do you want to open the combined file or return to the file list and try again?"

Two options - Return to File List / Open Combined files (which returns a blank file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the feeling that Adobe doesn't behave the same on Mac as it does on PC. My bank sent me an application that I could not open on my Mac.  I have deleted every trace of every Adobe application on my Mac.  I deleted all the preferences. However, the same file I can open and see on PC is invisible on my Mac.  This happened before with an IRS form as well, but I chalked it off.  I am annoyed - I cannot open locations on my Mac except if I click on "open other locations" - I cannot combine files for the same reason - and now this problem with "invisible" forms.  This is not what I have been paying for..  I have attached how Reader DC (the only Adobe app installed on my Mac and on PC) is handling the same file on PC (readable) and Mac (invisible)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SamSha,

Sorry about your experience. 

Have you tried disabling enhanced security at launch and checking if it works?

You can try the steps from here: Enhanced security setting for PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document remains blank.  You will notice I can highlight and copy the "invisible" information but I cannot "see" the form on the document.

SamSha_0-1678787468376.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@SamSha Sorry to see that.

Would you mind sharing the file with us to reproduce the issue? This will help us understand the issue better and provide assistance accordingly.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines