• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combing Files, then something changed

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use to have no problem combing files. When I would combine them it worked no problem. Then I was trying to combine a file (.pdf's) and it said something to the effect that I had to make a change in order to combine a particular file. I clicked on the Preferences like it said to do, and I checked the box it said to do but now when I try to bring the files together and I try to combine them it turns out like this:

Screenshot 2023-08-19 120508.jpg
When I hit combine it only shows me the top file. Previously the layout was different and it would combine them as a Binder. Whatever I changed has now made it look like the photo above. I don't know what it was that I changed so I can undo that change. 
Does anyone know what to do? I hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate Experiment , Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

You've created a Portfolio. You can change it back via the Option button in the Combine Files dialog:

try67_0-1692466193412.png

Then set File Type as "Single PDF":

try67_1-1692466202626.png

Note that you won't be able to combine files in this way if one of them is digitally signed, certified, protected or was created using LiveCycle Designer, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've created a Portfolio. You can change it back via the Option button in the Combine Files dialog:

try67_0-1692466193412.png

Then set File Type as "Single PDF":

try67_1-1692466202626.png

Note that you won't be able to combine files in this way if one of them is digitally signed, certified, protected or was created using LiveCycle Designer, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@krism57716800 

++Adding on to the expert's suggestion.

Here's how you can know more about the emerging files:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/merging-files-single-pdf.html 

Also, to know the latest changes in Acrobat Modern Viewer, you can visit this document for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines