Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

combining password protected PDF files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to combine two pdf files into one. But one of the file is Password Protected for Page Extraction.  It has no other restrctions other than password protection for Page Extraction.
When I try to use File-->Combine-->Merge Files into Single PDF..., it asks for password and so I cannot combine the files.

Can somebody please let me know if there is any way I can combine password protected files?

Thank You

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the security before combining or use a package or portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried using portfolio but could not combine all files of a portfolio into single PDF file as it again asked for a password.I am not very proficient with Acrobat.

Can you please let me know how to remove security where PageExtraction is password protected?

Also, I never knew about packages in Acrobat. Can you please elaborate on how a package can be used for this?

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat 8 you can create a package, in Acrobat 9 a portfolio.

I tried using portfolio but could not combine all files of a portfolio into single PDF file as it again asked for a password.I am not very proficient with Acrobat.

Put all files in a portfolio, thats all.

Can you please let me know how to remove security where PageExtraction is password protected?

Remove the security with the permission password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was able to combine files using PDFXChange Tools, but not with Acrobat. Shockingly PDFXChange can also extract pages from it without prompting for password.

I can put all files under a single portfolio, but cannot combine them into a single PDF file using Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

may be you can try with this web link. 'FREEMYPDF.COM'. if you upload the PDF file which is having protection, that web link will remove all kind of protections and give normal PDF file. so that you can combine with your another PDF file. hope this will helpful...

HARI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to know if it was possible with Acrobat v9.

Yes, I can try the link as well.  But I have PDFXChange installed which can combine the files.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Adobe products enforce the restrictions set by the Permissions Passowrd. However, not all third-party products fully support and respect these settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Print > Print to PDF

New version won't be protected.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

It relieved my stress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few options.

1. Veiw file on the web, if it says "accessible PDF" then view this and save directly to directory/download on your  computer.

2. If it does not say accessible then open to viewer, then print as PDF and save to directory/downloads.

3. If you have already downloaded and do not have originating source for 1 and 2 above. You will need to open and save file as a word doc, then convert (save) word doc to PDF.

Frusting I know. But banks etc, are assigning random passwords to the files to stop editing. Customer service usually can not help. Solutions above while tedious will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this worked for me. If you downloaded it as a PDF go to the drop, click on 'Export a PDF,' Microsoft word, save it. Then open the Word document and click 'Save As'  then switch it back to a PDF. I was able to combine the new file. A lot of steps, but it got the job done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines