• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comment check boxes are switching to replies that say "Marked as set"

Participant ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find another post with anyone having this problem and I've spoken to someone on support that didn't seem to understand what I was talking about despite literally sharing my screen and showing them exactly what I was talking about...

So, this has happened multiple times with different files but it's becoming more of a nuisance and I want some sort of fix.

I have a PDF which I've shared with other people who have commented throughout with edits. I then make the edits and use the check boxes in the comments to tick off things which are done and filter out all the checked boxes so I can only see what I have left to do.

The problem is this process often takes months with several weeks between working on the file and every time I go back to open the PDF and continue with the edits the check boxes are all gone. Instead, every comment I had previously checked off has a reply under it from me saying "Marked as set by username". 

This means I have to turn the check boxes back on again and not only tick off all the comments which were previously ticked off but also all the replies saying it was marked as set. And if I've had to do it multiple times, there are multiple replies which need ticking off. I can't delete the comments as we need a record of what's been done.

I'm using a mac and both the mac and the app are completely up to date with the latest versions of everything. The only thing I can think of is that the file is on google drive and I'm using the drive desktop app and that might have something to do with it but the file needs to remain centrally accessible and up to date for everyone involved. 

I've tried using the "Share" for comments button directly from InDesign, and quite frankly, it's ****. 

The files I'm working on have 20-30 pages and 100s of comments so it's not a small or quick inconvenience it's a massive time waster, incredibly frustrating, and probably confusing to everyone else looking at the PDF comments. 

Any ideas, solutions or workaround would be much appreciated. In the meantime I'm going to try downloading the PDF onto my machine and re-uploading it to Google Drive manually when I'm done. This sort of negates the whole point and convenience of the drive app though. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate Experiment , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

Sorry for the trouble. I can understand the frustration. 

Do you have a sample file that you can share with us that exhibits the same behavior? If not, can you try a sample file and record the behavior via a screenshot or a small video? 

In the meantime, I will check internally and get back to you. 

Thanks,
Tariq 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines