• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comparison Acrobat 2017 Pro vs Acrobat 2020 Pro (standalone versions)

Engaged ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vainly searched for a list of differences between 2017 Pro and 2020 Pro, i.e. what's new over 2017 Pro when upgrading to 2020 Pro.

No doubt such a comparison list exists, but I simply can't find it.

Anyone..??

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I hope its not too late to respond for your question. If you have already find the answer, do let us know.

Here is an article that helps you to compare between all the Acrobat Continuous and Perpetual versions like-

Acrobat Pro 2017& Acrobat Std 2017

Acrobat Pro 2020 & Acrobat Std 2020

Acrobat Pro DC (subscription)

https://www.hsm360.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/acrobat-dc-acrobat-2020-comparison-ue.pdf  Please go through this.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you are not too late.
THANK you so much indeed. Happy you responded.

Maybe I am mistaken, but whilst checking out the comparison table, I've got the impression that not much have been changed from 2017 > 2020 (?)

Upgrade (standalone version) costs some usd.350. For me - only the first change would be interesting

("Manage all your work from the Home view—your single place to organize, manage, and search for all your PDFs")

Anyway, thanks again.

Acrobat Pro 2017 vs Pro 2020  01 16092020 150219.pngAcrobat Pro 2017 vs Pro 2020  02 16092020 150422.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a link to an English Comparison chart? I'd like to see the standalone vs subscription version.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only meaningful difference I've found is I can install and use v2020 on a clean install of the newest version of Win10-64-bit, whereas v2017, which worked fine on my old but up-to-date installation of Win10-64bit, gives me some cryptic error about my OS not being up to date or the version of the browser I am using not being compatible.  My Chrome brower, also freshly installed, is completely up to date.  Of course, none of the fixes they suggest on their website for this actually work.  Go figure 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

(I am not fluent in English, so please excuse, if ...).

What I would like to know more about is differences in the 'accessibility quality' of PDF files generated from WORD with AA Pro 2015 vs. 2017 vs. 2020. By quality I mean things like correct tag structure or less accessibility errors detected by testing software (in my case: PDF accessibility checker 2021).

Another issue is better usability in terms of less indispensable postprocessing, e. g. 'print production' (?) -> 'preflight' (?) -> embed missing fonts.

Currently, we convert WORD files to PDF with a specialized software that is more usable and produces better accessibility results than our AA Pro DC 2015. I'd be really happy about estimates in this matter.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

Acrobat 2015 and 2017 is an EOL application and no longer supported on the latest Mac and Windows OS.

For more information please go through the help pages listed below:

https://adobe.ly/3vwrKoz

https://adobe.ly/41VXa3G

To know more about Acrobat 2020 please check the help page https://adobe.ly/48PVTgH

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

thank you for your answer. Yet even if the timing out of the support speaks against purchasing 2015 (which I have) or 2017, it doesn't shed light on potential improvements in the field of accessible PDF files. 

I am happy to read on https://adobe.ly/48PVTgH that AA 2020 has "Improved accessibility feature updates and improved workflow experiences for customers who use Acrobat to enhance PDFs for people with disabilities", but I still don't know what's hidden behind those words.

But ok, I'll find out anyhow.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines