• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert dwg file from acrobat to pdf

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the .dwg file is converted from Acrobat to PDF, it is shown as a blank screen.

Only certain files are recalled to the bin screen, are there any compatible .dwg file options or types limited?

I bought Acrobat to convert the dwg file to PDF, but I can't work because it is shown on a blank screen!

Please help me..

test file : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4brjyqjqunycnw3/AAD0S8e_vLr2Eca5sQ52-sHra?dl=0 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

I believe Acrobat will only convert a .dwg to .pdf if you also have the CAD software. This seems a bit misleading to me and you probably have grounds to ask for your money back.

There is a free CAD viewer from Autodesk that seems to work well, you can print a PDF from the viewer, but it is a low res image. Here is a link to your .dwg opened in the Autodesk viewer:

https://autode.sk/3i1FE6W

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ca nyou confirm the verion of the software you use and the operating system you have?

I always prefer to 'Plot' command (print) a drawing to PDF. It will use your pen assignmenta to apply line thicknesses and styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's a software version and an operating system version problem.

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363)
    Acrobat 2020 version.
  • macOS Mojave (10.14.6)
    Acrobat DC 20.0

Unfortunately, I don't have CAD license. I have to convert this .dwg file to pdf to review.

Is Acrobat difficult to convert .dwg to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save as, Export to, or print to PDF from the original CAD program is the preferred method to produce a high-quality PDF. You can sometimes use Illustrator to open a .dwg and re-save as a PDF, when I tried to open your .dwg file in Illustrator I received a message about missing fonts. If you don't have the fonts, you could substitute them for other fonts and re-format all of the type, which might be your best option, (if you don't have the original CAD program). I also needed to increase the artboard size in Illustrator before saving as a PDF.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 9.36.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-23 at 9.31.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can import and save .dwg files in Illustrator. But I don't have an Illustrator license!

I bought Acrobat when I saw that Acrobat could convert the .dwg file to pdf on the [Supported file formats in Acrobat and Reader] site, but it keeps showing blank screen!

Is there any way to convert from Acrobat without CAD and Illustrator??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Acrobat will only convert a .dwg to .pdf if you also have the CAD software. This seems a bit misleading to me and you probably have grounds to ask for your money back.

There is a free CAD viewer from Autodesk that seems to work well, you can print a PDF from the viewer, but it is a low res image. Here is a link to your .dwg opened in the Autodesk viewer:

https://autode.sk/3i1FE6W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat and AutoCAD 22 - I cannot convert DWG files to PDF - it shows as a blank screen on preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to export from AutoCAD? Open the PDF in Acrobat or Reader only.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Luke that has sorted the problem, I thought I had tried that but clearly not.

Magnificent and sorry for the late reply

Philip Caton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to necro an old post but this is one of the top results in Google when searching for issues with converting dwg files to pdf and this is simply not the case. You do not need AutoCAD to do this conversion.

The default behavior in Acrobat seems to be throwing an error saying "Conversion of AutoCAD files to PDF has been disabled. Click 'Learn More' for steps to enable this feature." but the page it pointed to originally doesn't exist and it redirects to something useless (as of this post).

The fix is to make sure that the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update" is installed and to make the following registry edits:

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2020 (or \DC if that's what you have installed).

Right click on 2020 (or DC) and click new > key > enter "FeatureState"

Right click on FeatureState and click new > DWord32 and enter the following name : bEnableODAWorkflow

Right click on bEnableODAWorkflow > modify > set the value to 1 and click ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the solution!!!!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is suppose to. In fact, earlier versions did it perfectly even if you did not have the authoring program. Acrobat is just so broken now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines