• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert PDF to multiple page TIFF in batch mode

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several 1000s PDF files need to convert to TIFF format in batch mode. During my initial test using Adobe  pro Action Wizard I observed that one PDF file is converting to multiple TIFF files based on no of pages. For example 3 page single PDF files is converted to 3 individual TIF files in batch mode.  Could you please let me know  how to convert one pdf file to one tif file format in batch mode.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

To be more specific, multiple page TIFF files are not commonly supported in graphic arts applications. They are sometimes used for applications supporting pseudo-FAX devices. As such, to be consistent with Adobe's other applications, there is no support for exporting multiple page TIFF files from Acrobat, nor are there any plans to add such support.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat doesn't create multi page TIFF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat doesn't support multi-page TIFF files. You will need some other

tool to do it.

On 21 September 2018 at 21:32, anandt95622843 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more specific, multiple page TIFF files are not commonly supported in graphic arts applications. They are sometimes used for applications supporting pseudo-FAX devices. As such, to be consistent with Adobe's other applications, there is no support for exporting multiple page TIFF files from Acrobat, nor are there any plans to add such support.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr. Dov Isaacs,

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC still cannot create multiple page TIFF files or is this feature hidden somewhere?

Would not be nice if I had to buy a third party application to do this simple task because Acrobat Pro is my No.1 tool at work 😕

Kindest regards

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The are used extensively here for court filings.  Funny that Adobe wouldn't add such a useful feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use multi-page or collated TIFs in the oil and gas industry as well.  They are called "Rasters" well logs.  New wells will now have PDFs that document the well data, but the software still deals only in TIFs.  Does anyone know of a good thrid party that will convert a PDF into one long TIF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this black ice printer driver will work.  It specifically mentions oil drilling measurement logs in the features.  I used this driver from my imaging processing system to address my problem. https://www.blackice.com/Printer%20Drivers/Document%20Converter%20Monochrome%20Printer%20Drivers.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thank you!  That is a great idea.  I'll be trying that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the blackice printer didn't work for you, try IrfanView 64-bit version. I had to export the multi-page PDF to single-page, multiple TIFF files but was then able to combine all TIFFs into one multi-page TIFF file. Both steps can be completed using Irfanview and the resolution of the images is maintained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines