• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting a turnitin PDF to a word document

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the occurrence of filing a paper at the university to turn it in for review.
I uploaded a document to Turnitin in Word.doc format, the Turnitin returned
A PDF.
To fix errors and edit my paper for grading, I used Adobe to convert the PDF from a Turnitin report back into a word.docx file. What I received was a mixed file. The first few pages were text-based, which was fine. However, the pages that had highlighted text were converted as PDF images.
I needed Adobe to convert the Turnitin pages with High lighted text into a Docx text-based document with highlighted text.
I will attach the three docs for review. You will see the evolution of the process.
P.S. let me know if and when you can fix this Bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

converting a pdf to a word document and then from a word document to a pdf is bound to add inaccuracies.  it's not different than translating from one language to another and then translating back again.  some inaccuracies are going to be introduced.

so, this is not a bug.  at least, not on adobe's end.  the issue is turnitin or how you're using turnitin.  ie, if they require a word doc, you should supply it so you have control over what's submitted.  if they allow a pdf to be submitted and it's mis-converted, that's on them.

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the original Word document, why not make the changes there, and then submit it again?
If they want to convert it to a PDF, that's on them, but don't use that file for further editing. It's not how it's supposed to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your missing the point!

After using turnitin I receve a PDF of my work with notations on it.

for my own resons id like to convert the PFD with notaing back  to a word doc for makeing corection.

when I do covert the noted PDF i get a mix of text for pages that has no high lighter marking and i get

PFD pages for the pages that have high lighted text.

adobe reads word docs with highlighed text as a pic and will covert it text with highlighted text

in 2023 adobe should be able to back-and forth text with word highlighting.

simple as that.

so right now to corect a page form turnitin

I have to print a PFD and read the mistakes

then fix a text file.

As per the coment that im doing it worng..

its never wroung to find a weakness in a programe and point it out.

that how advancemts are made in techolagey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for my own resons id like to convert the PFD with notaing back  to a word doc for makeing corection.

By @Wyatt28598302c5mi

then you can expect errors to be introduced when converting.  ie, pdfs rarely convert to another file type without errors and vice-versa, no matter what tool is used to convert.

if you think that's adobe's fault, you can explain to adobe:

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think its a afailt I think its a weakness that adobe can look at for the improvment of thire product.

I dont aspecte a solution to my own issue. I was jusst leting adobe know of the weakness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a weakness. PDF files were never meant to be converted to other formats. They are supposed to be the "final file format". The fact you can do it at all is something that was added after the fact, exactly because people in your situation demanded it, but it's not how PDF files should be used, and it's never going to be perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that you see it as a weakness. But I might have an idea to save you time with the current app.

"

so right now to corect a page form turnitin I have to print a PFD and read the mistakes then fix a text file."

Why not

(1) open the Word document and the PDF side by side on the screen

(2) read the comments and corrections on screen

(3) if any bulk text changes are needed, copy and paste them singly (just the new text) from Acrobat into Word (perhaps using the "Paste text only") feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i do that meny times however. for speed and moderization it be nice if PDFs could work with MS word on not seeing word hightlighter as a pic.

It would be faster.

Thank for your time.

just put up the idea to the programing "Godds" for consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have no control on influence on that. You can ask for it yourself, here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Wyatt28598302c5mi 

you were already give links to do that yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines