• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting .doc/.docx to PDF is producing blank pages

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to convert single or multiple word files(.doc / .docx) into a PDF, the result is a PDF where the first page shows normally, but all the remaining pages are blank. I used to be able to highlight or select the files I would need to compile into a PDF format, and simply right click them, then select "combine files in Acrobat" and each word document would be individually converted with success within Acrobat, but now I keep having this issue whether I try to convert a single file or multiple files. I have also tried to save as PDF within microsoft word, but this also produces the same result. The only effective means that I have found is to individually open each word doc and Export it as PDF. This takes a significantly longer amount of time than simply highlighting all the files and combining them by right clicking expecially when dealing with close to 100 files at times. 

Since this issue first began, I have attempted to convert several word documents newer and older. I have even attempted to convert files that I was previously able to with no issues in the past, and now have this issue. Attached are examples of the files that I have been using, the word document and the PDF that it converts to when I try any method other than "Export as PDF" within word. As you can see, the PDF file has blank pages where there should be text. 

Please let me know if there is a solution to this issue.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Modern Acrobat , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I updated my Windows 11 computer to the latest Office 365 and it still works correctly, next test will be to update my Windows 10 to 11 and see what happens. I'm not a fan of windows 11 but I guess we have to update eventually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now updated my windows 10 computer to windows 11 and it converts the word docs to pdf's correctly now, no blank pages.  So for me the solutions was to upgrade to 11.  But still Adobe shoud fix this asap since some computers are not compatable for the upgrade to 11. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing this issue for a few weeks, too.  When I "Convert" or "Combine" files it only does the first page and the rest are blank.  It seemed to coincide with the recent Adobe update with the horrific interface.  I'm using a Windows 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI you can disable the horrific interface:)  Go to Menu/disable new acrobat. I'm not a fan of the new interface either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  All users in our office have opted to disable the new Acrobat.  We've been joking that the page conversion issue is the punishment for dissing the new interface.  LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client seeing this same exact issue. When using the right click, Convert to Acrobat PDF within Windows 10 Pro, a blank page is produced if there are multiple pages to convert. Sometimes it could be the first blank page if it's a two page document. If it's a three page document, page 1 is OK, pages 2 and 3 are both blank. I can't find an easy way to downgrade Acrobat to a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I've had two project managers report that files I had converted had blank pages in them. My usual method is to select all of the files in File Explorer (can be between 50 to 100+ files) and use the "Create Multiple PDFs" function. These are saved to the project folder where I then select them all and use "Combine." An extra step but it solved various Word conversion issues in the past, plus allows the managers to view an individual file or the entire job. The individual PDFs have the blank pages after using the batch creation command.

Now I have to go into Word and convert each file individually. I will try the online Acrobat trick, but I am really hoping Adobe fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update on this issue? I have multiple user's also experiencing this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also experiencing the same thing with Acrobat Pro 2017, Office 365 and Windows 10 22H2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The latest Adobe Acrobat version, numbered 23.06.20360, has been released which resolves the issue of blank pages present in PDFs created from Word. Please update your Acrobat by following these steps:

1. Open Adobe Acrobat.
  2. Go to the "Help" menu.
  3. Select "Check for Updates."

After updating, be sure to reboot your computer to complete the installation. For more detailed information about this new release, you can visit the following link: Adobe Acrobat Release Notes.

Please try with the latest Acrobat and let us know if that fixes your problem.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else still experiencing this issue?

I am using the latest version of Acrobat Standard 2020 - 20.005.30636 and the issue is still occurring for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have several end users who have been experiencing this issue for several months now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines