• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting from docx to pdf taking over a minute

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched the forums but could not find anything that was close to what I am working on.  I work in IT and am working with someone who is having some issues with converting docx files to pdf.  The files they are using are generated by a website and are a large (several pages) table.  The document sizes vary from 30-50 KB and can be 10-30 pages.  When they convert the documents they are taking 1-3 minutes to finish converting and are doing quite a few per day.  The files contain patient information so unfortunately I would not be able to share one of them.  They are using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20150, are on Windows 10 version 1809.  When they are converting to pdf they are right clicking on the file and choosing Convert to Adobe PDF.  I tested creating a Word file that was 19 pages of just text and it is converting within 10 seconds.  It appears to be an issue with the tables converting and am wondering if there may be a setting that would need to be changed for the tables or if because of the tables it is what it is.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Hi,

In the settings you have the following setting selected:

"Enable accessibility and reflow"

You could try and deselect that and see if it runs quicker.

(apologies for the slow reply, I only saw your second bump message)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described creating PDF from file with large tables taking long time .

As described, the source file contains large tables on several pages, the content in the source file may tables, images and graphics may sometime affect the PDF creation process. There isn't much that we can do without actually looking at the contents in the source file.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for looking into this.  I was able to recreate the issue using a test file that I can upload.  We tested it on their computer and the conversion was running for several minutes before we closed it.  I created a second test with just removing the tables but leaving the data and it converted within 10 seconds.  I am assuming the tables are causing the delay and am hoping that a setting can be changed that can help with the amount of time it takes.  Let me know if a change can be made or if it just takes that amount of time due to the tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you know what settings they are using for the PDF?

Do you need to create an accessible PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay.  I was able to access to their computer and get some screenshots of the settings in Adobe for converting from Word.  Each screenshot is the different settings, I hope this helps.  They are not needing to make an accessible PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the settings you have the following setting selected:

"Enable accessibility and reflow"

You could try and deselect that and see if it runs quicker.

(apologies for the slow reply, I only saw your second bump message)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply.  I will check with them and see if this helps.  It may be a few days as it appears they are currently out of office but will update this with our results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines