• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste in exact location in Acrobat 2020

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to update to 2020 and now the 'feature' of pasting in the same exact location is doesnt work anymore. This was anything, a line, a letter, any shape... even across different documents as long as the size was the same, it would paste in the same location. I've seen "forms" in discussions but thats not what I need. I dont even know what that is! lol

Working in prepress in a pdf workflow this was VERY useful. Now it pastes down and to the left about an 1/8 of inch. 

Is there a setting/preference I am missing?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

I figured it out! Its not a preference in acrobat exactly... Its a third party extension preference. I looked at everyones settings and figured it out. Theyre annoyed at me but at least Im happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no settling for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike25033178dt30,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please provide more information about the issue?

As mentioned above, you require the copy and paste should be at the exact location. By that, do you mean if you copy the text or shape and paste it, it should appear just above that text?

It would be helpful if you could elaborate on how it works now and how it should work. Screenshots would be helpful to better understand. 

Please share the complete Acrobat version number and OS on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct... it would paste it exactly where the original object was, same coordinates. I even showed coworkers who now use that 'feature' often. They still use 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weird thing is... If I continue to paste, they pasted object keeps getted shifted over...

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.24.33 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out! Its not a preference in acrobat exactly... Its a third party extension preference. I looked at everyones settings and figured it out. Theyre annoyed at me but at least Im happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines