• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copy selection from one pdf to another pdf

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who knows how I can copy a selection from one pdf (including pictures and text) into another pdf?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The method I use is to open the document containing the pages I want to copy and extract the relevant pages to a new docuent. Save and close the new document.

Now open the document you want to copy the pages into and insert the pages in the position you want them placed.

Not as straight forward a simple copy and paste - but Adobe has failed to provide the simple system that works in vitually every other piece of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use the drag and drop from the pages display in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but this is not exactly what I am looking for. What I'd like to do is select part of a page in pdf document A ( images and text) and copy that into pdf document B. So not copy the entire page, but only part of it, and the part becomes part of the page in document B. With the snapshot tool, this works when copying (CTRL-V) into other files, even into e-mail; but not when copying into a pdf file ... which would seem to be a pretty basic step. Would you know how to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you need to use the object touchup tool (or the other object tool -- never remember which one). You should be aware that massive editing of a PDF such as implied by your post is very problematic. Acrobat is not really an editor, but with some effort you can usually get what you want -- maybe cussing the software a bit along the way, though it is not something that the software ever promised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after copying part of a PDF using the snapshot tool from one PDF, it's still possible to paste this selection into a different pdf.

Just be aware that when you paste this selection it's pasted as a stamp.

So instead of Ctrl-v, do the following:

Go to: Comments:Comments and Markup tools>stamps>paste clipboard image as stamp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried this. Does not work. With 'paste clipboard image as stamp', the area copied with the snapshot tool is A) not copied entirely plus B) pasted in significantly reduced quality. The result is ridiculous.

I really don't understand why this totally basic copy-paste action is not possible with such an expensive package as Adobe Professional 9. Adobe is losing me as a customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2010 Jul 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you post the pdf you're copying from and copying into?

It sounds like they're not well formed PDF files.

As the copied image on the clipboard is pasted as a comment you can also

drag the handles of the image once it's copied into the pdf. It tends to

paste the image at full size making the quality appear less.

failing that, you could try pasting into Word first, then make a new

copy of the image in Word and paste that as a comment instead.

Also you can set the resolution of the image captured by the snapshot

tool in Acrobat's preferences:

edit>preferences>general> 'Used fixed resolution for snapshot tool'

As mentioned before you can also place an existing image (like a jpeg)

into a PDF using the touchup Object tool. (Acrobat Pro or higher)

Select the touchup object tool from tools>advanced editing

then right-click in the pdf and select 'Place image' then select the

image to be inserted.

Some resizing will be required when doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2010 Jul 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the lengthy steps but this all seems way too complex for such an extremely simple copy/paste action. It should really be no more than just CTRL-C then CTRL-V. I now also spoke with the Adobe help desk by phone. After 30 minutes, they concluded / confirmed that copying part of a pdf page into another pdf page is simply not possible. Kind suggestion for the Adobe designers that they seem to have forgotten a pretty basic feature for such an expensive program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2010 Jul 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can generally copy snap shots or objects (the reason I think I suggested the object touchup or select tools. An object is a whole block, not just what you would like. You might then be able to edit what you copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  It's utterly silly that in 2022 you can't copy anbd paste in pretty much any document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another ADOBE FAIL! I agree 100%. Ridiculous that Control-C and Control-V does not work! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Have both PDFs open and place side by side on the same monitor or screen.
  2. Make a selection of what you want copied using the “selection tool”
  3. Then, right click on the selection you made and select “Take a snapshot” (Do not select “Take a snapshot” under the Edit dropdown menu
  4. Click on the other pdf you want to transfer your selecton to and press “ctrl +V”
  5. Place the selected new image wherever you need in the page of other PDF.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines