• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying text box to same position on every page of multi-page PDF

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several multi-page PDF's in which I need to add the "chapter" title at the top of every page. How do I Copy and Paste the text box to the exact same position of every page without having to manually paste it on each page one at a time?"

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

If you're using a text field, right-click it in Form Edit mode and Select Duplicate Across Pages... This will create exact copies of the field on the pages you specify.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a text field, right-click it in Form Edit mode and Select Duplicate Across Pages... This will create exact copies of the field on the pages you specify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please give more detail of your instructions? All I have so far is a text box on Page 1 that I want to copy to the remaining pages. When I click on Form Edit it keeps telling me "Currently there are no form fields in this PDF. Do you want Acrobat to detect form fields for you?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's telling you that then you don't have a text field, but something

else. It's probably just plain text that is a part of the file.

You need to add a real text field in Form Edit (tell it No when it asks you

to detect form fields), using the Add New Field tool.

Then you set its appearance properties and edit it to have the value that

you want, and then follow my instructions from earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, things are starting to work, somewhat. It won't respond to things like "no border", "no fill color", font size, and it highlights the text, which I do not want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do this to multiple PDFs at once? For instance, I am trying to put my name and ID number at the top of every page for nearly 300 different PDFs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Thank you for reaching out.

The option to duplicate across all the pages works only for the form fields you add in the PDF. You may add the form field in all the pages in PDF. Then you can add your name and ID number in that field to display on all the pages. You may use the steps as suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-basics.html#copy_a_form_field

You may also use the Header and footer option under the Edit tool in Acrobat to add the name and ID at top of the all pages. For more information about this feature, please refer to this help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/add-headers-footers-pdfs.html 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do that you would need to use an Action in Acrobat Pro, and a script to insert the fields on each page.

It's more complicated, but it's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to delete texts/ text boxes (maybe watermarks) from multiple pages....is there any easy way to select them all at once and delete , as i have thousands of pages.

Currently i would have to select them each time then press delete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first step has to be knowing exactly what kind of object you want to remove. What tool do you use when you remove it manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines