Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted text in Adobe Acrobat fill fields when exported

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Several journal logs I am required to have done for class have now become corrupted. Is there any way to retrieve my original text? It seemed fine when it was being exported a month ago, now I come back and the original file also has the garbled text. Maybe it was because I saved as a PDF instead of printing it to a PDF? Any guidance is much appreciated. garbled text.JPG

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this text in a form field? Comment? Something else? How did you add it, and how are you accessing it now?

Can you share a sample file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! Yes I've attached the template I was given with form fields and then the corrupted file. I've also attached a working file. The working file is not editable anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use Microsoft's Print to PDF engine. I assume you did it to flatten the form fields?
This can be done internally in Acrobat, much more safely.

You can use the Preflight tool to do it, or by simply executing this script on the file (as a part of an Action or a Custom Command):

this.flattenPages();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, okay, thank you I'll know for the future! I assume there's no way to fix what I already have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just flatten the original file(s) using the method I described, and you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The ones with the data, of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines