• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a link in pdf file that opens a powerpoint slide

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on MS Office 2016 and Acrobat Pro DC.There's a word file containing links to a few slides in a powerpoint presentation. When I click on the link in the word file powerpoint app starts and shows the slide indicated in the link; syntax in the word file (example): file///d:\users\...\*.pptx#27. The string #27 indicates the slide number in the powerpoint presentation.

Now I convert the word file to a pdf file. The links are there, I can click on them, but the requested powerpoint slides cannot be opended, I get an error message. That means that PDF recognizes the string that indicates the the powerpoint slide number (#27) as part of the file name, *.pptx#27. Obviously this is an unkown file extension. How do I adapt the link in the pdf file to make work it (powerpoint should start and show the requested slide)?

Thanks for your support.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

In theory it's possible to pass a launch parameter to the handling application when opening a file using a link.

However, I don't think Acrobat implements this feature, so I would say it's not possible to do it with just Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory it's possible to pass a launch parameter to the handling application when opening a file using a link.

However, I don't think Acrobat implements this feature, so I would say it's not possible to do it with just Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternate method would be to save the Powerpoint slides as a PDFs, then import them into your PDF as layers. Turn the layer visibility of the slides off by default, and add buttons to turn them on.

Users would need to view the PDF with Acrobat or Reader to insure the buttons will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys.

I will follow Luke's advice.

Or I don't convert the word file in a pdf; I can protect the word file with a passphrase.

Anyway, opening a powerpoint presentation requires the Powerpoint app, and a user who runs powerpoint on his computer probably also has Word on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines