Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create PDF from multiple files - only bookmarks from original files

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a hard time finding an answer to my question. Here's the situation:

I'm trying to make one pdf from multiple pdf's in Acrobat Pro using the create pfd from multiple files function. When the combined pdf is created, top level bookmarks are created for each file name. Below the top level bookmarks, the original bookmarks from the files are present. 

My ideal situation is to have the bookmarks from the original files only and lose the filename bookmarks but I can't find an option. Now I am faced with a lot of manual labour. 

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using the Combine Files command, open the original file's Pages panel, drag the files you want to merge with it and drop them into this panel. That will merge them to it, while keeping all the original bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. I do not have a specific master file. The situation is as follows. I'm producing a manual that consists of several Word documents with titles and paragraphs that have headings. When converting these to pdf, these headings become bookmarks.

What I would like is to maintain the bookmarks from all files but having them in one list instead of grouped below each file name. By adding the pages, the bookmarks from the file where the pages are copied from are not copied to the combined file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines