• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Phone Number Field

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've create a field for a US phone number in a fillable PDF with 3 text boxes (like [   ]-[   ]-[    ], with the first 2 boxes having 3 characters and the last box having 4 characters). However, how do I make the text box have border lines so that each number is separated from the next once typed?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Limit and Comb are mutually exclusive. The Comb option is also a limit, though, as the user can't enter more than the number of "combed" characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Comb option under the field's Properties, Options tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Comb option is showing up as unavailable in the Options tab. Any ideas of trouble shooting I can try? Or do I need to uncheck/check something else to make that option open up?Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 20.31.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Limit and Comb are mutually exclusive. The Comb option is also a limit, though, as the user can't enter more than the number of "combed" characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines