• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a form from MIcword

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a form from MIcrosoft 365 Word. The document is quite large with a large amount of Yes/No checkboxes. The form is set out in a table. 

I cant seem to find a way edit word so checkboxes apear in Adobe.

I have tried Wingdings, Symbols, Tagging and Design Mode without any positive results. They are either not identified at all OR randomly identified even though they are identical. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Cameron32726281tzs5 ,

Is this happening with this large file only or with any type of document you're trying to export to PDF from Microsoft Office?

Even though it is possible for Acrobat to recognize PDF objects from a Ms Word document, it seems like this doesn't always renders properly.

In which case, after reading several old discussions the best discussion that I found helpful is linked below:

If you've already came accross that topic then disregard.

But considering the fact that you are working with a very large form, I would consider using @try67  tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The convertion form Word to pdf is quite stabe usually. Do you use Save as Adobe PDF or the export to pdf/xps option?

Then, Acrobat 'reads' your document to detect form items, best it can. We do not have control on that so there is an element of 'luck' there.

It helps if the character you use is consistent, aligned to the questions and vertically aligned. Sometimes tables to group your questions are better detected that square characters. and placing the squares in columns helps agning them for better detection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines