• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CURRENT DATE & DEADLINE DATE

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is a form I want the deadline to always be the 5th of the upcoming month. e.g., if the current date is 27th of march, the deadline should always be one month ahead. but in this case, the day would always be 5th of the upcoming month. I hope this can be done!

Thanks in anticipation for a quick response.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

I see you don't have field for deadline date, so create a field I named it "Deadline_Date" and add new document level script using this:

var month = util.scand("dd-mmm-yyyy", new Date());
month.setMonth(month.getMonth() +1);
var str = util.printd("dd mmmm, yyyy", month);
var newDate = "05"+str.slice(2);
this.getField("Deadline_Date").value = newDate;

Here is your file with everything above added:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1gm7aW8xUlJx4tbyVimvQ6sW1M9Eybyic 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you don't have field for deadline date, so create a field I named it "Deadline_Date" and add new document level script using this:

var month = util.scand("dd-mmm-yyyy", new Date());
month.setMonth(month.getMonth() +1);
var str = util.printd("dd mmmm, yyyy", month);
var newDate = "05"+str.slice(2);
this.getField("Deadline_Date").value = newDate;

Here is your file with everything above added:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1gm7aW8xUlJx4tbyVimvQ6sW1M9Eybyic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. it worked perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a problem I didn't anticipate with the above script and needed help with.

I would want it to be amended in such a way that the "Deadline_Date" would only change to the upcoming month when the "Current_Date" crosses the Deadline_Date by one I.e., on the 6th.

I attached the form again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very very very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I have done something wrong with the form today. the Deadline date is no longer displayed. I reopened the one in your download link and notice the deadline date was two month ahead instead of one month

Kindly assist

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will fix not displaying deadline but it will still show 'May' because that is how date is calculated, one month from today is 1st may, if you wish to counter that you will need to adapt script.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1t64MxCDBwSpI8SpRqzuM5KMnckCv0OVw 

EDIT: Just to add you have errors in every "S/N" fields: it should be 'break' instead of 'breaks'.

Also to speed up your file it would be better to use those scripts in dropdown fields as validation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for being patient with a novice like me.

I have edited the "S/N" fields.

The Deadline field is still not displaying.

And how do I go about the dropdown fields as validation? I have looked at the validation tab and I'm clueless about what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you said if date is  5th or less you don't want deadline to show?

You should also check 'Commit selected value immediately' under dropdown fields options tab.

You can also remove all scripts from "S/N" fields and just use script in one field to loop through all fields, this is not necessary but is much more efficient to have 1 calculation script instead of 14 because every time something change in file all calculation scripts trigger which slowdown your file.

Also scripts from fields "Employee_Number","Location","Region","Designation" can be implement into one validation  script for "Employee_Name" dropdown field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not very good at English.

Deadline display is very important. we want to keep track of when Staffs upload their expenses for approval. Expense submission widow opens from the 27th of the month and ends on the 5th of the coming month. thus, the deadline shouldn't change until the doc. date changes to 6th. e.g., if staff A decides not to fill and submit his expense form 27th - 31st and decides to fill it in April, the deadline should not change to May until the document date is 6th of April.

#2 With regards to "S/N" Please enlighten me on how to to it.

#3 how do I also go about implementing "Employee_Number", "Location", "Region", "Designation"into one validation  script for "Employee_Name" dropdown field.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took some time but I belive I made all the changes, test everything and let me know if anything needs to fix.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1hSN0szN586okQorCwSAKd1aN7_Mg9VKV 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could thank you personally.

Thank you for taking the time to fix my form. You have made my day.

If I notice anything needing some fixing I'll let you know. I hope you don't get tired of me.

Thanks once again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nesa,

hopefully, you're feeling great.

I would really appreciate your help in applying the same dropdown principle to populate some fields. But this time around I want to use a radio button "Unit" to populate some fields "Signee.0 - Signee.5".

What I really want is if the form user clicks on the top radio button these acronyms

(CM - FD, GBM,  AC - Foods, HDOP, CFO, ED - FMCG) should populate the fields "Signee.0 - Signee.5" AND if he clicks the below radio button; these acronyms (CM - HH, GBM,  AC - HH, HDOP, CFO, ED - FMCG) should populate the fields "Signee.0 - Signee.5".

I hope it is possible!

Many thanks in anticipation for your kind response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nesa,

hopefully, you're feeling great.

I would really appreciate your help in applying the same dropdown principle to populate some fields. But this time around I wants to use a radio button "Unit" to populate some fields "Signee.0 - Signee.5".

What I really want is if the form user clicks on the top radio button these acronyms

(CM - FD, GBM,  AC - Foods, HDOP, CFO, ED - FMCG) should populate the fields "Signee.0 - Signee.5" AND if he clicks the below radio button; these acronyms (CM - HH, GBM,  AC - HH, HDOP, CFO, ED - FMCG) should populate the fields "Signee.0 - Signee.5".

I hope it is possible!

Many thanks in anticipation for your kind response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mouse UP event of

Top radio button:

if(event.target.value == 0){
this.getField("Signee.0").value = "CM - FD";
this.getField("Signee.1").value = "GBM";
this.getField("Signee.2").value = "AC - Foods";
this.getField("Signee.3").value = "HDOP";
this.getField("Signee.4").value = "CFO";
this.getField("Signee.5").value = "ED - FMCG";}

Bottom radio button:

if(event.target.value == 1){
this.getField("Signee.0").value = "CM - HH";
this.getField("Signee.1").value = "GBM";
this.getField("Signee.2").value = "AC - HH";
this.getField("Signee.3").value = "HDOP";
this.getField("Signee.4").value = "CFO";
this.getField("Signee.5").value = "ED - FMCG";}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly well!

Thanks, Nesa for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nesa,

hopefully, you are having a great time over there. It has been a while since I asked for your help. thus, i am back at it. Attached is something I need some urgent help with if possible.

1. how do I switch product category with a radio button? preferably to affect the three dropdowns "Product.0, Product.1, Product.2" I created.
  2. if I am to opt for a dropdown that would decide what product list that appears on the three dependent "Product.0, Product.1, Product.2" dropdown, what changes should be made to the category dropdown script?

Thanks in anticipation for a quick response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show me how to set the price as export value of product fields and use a loop to set those prices in 'Rate' fields and calculate 'total' all in one script?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set export value like this:

var list = [
[["-Select Foods-","0"],["ASSORTED CREAM BISCUIT 36*100G","100"],["ASSORTED CREAM BISCUIT 36*110G","200"],["ASSORTED CREAM BISCUIT 48*44G","300"],[ "VANILLA CREAM 48*44G","400"]],
[["-Select Household-","0"],["ACTION 10*1KG","3950"],["ACTION (WHITE) 5KG","2850"], ["ACTION 12*460G","3200"]]];

then as 'Custom calculation script' of "Total" field use this:

var sum = 0;
for(var j=0; j<=2; j++){
if(typeof this.getField("Product."+j).value == "number")
this.getField("Rate."+j).value = this.getField("Product."+j).value;
else
this.getField("Rate."+j).value = "";
if(this.getField("Rate."+j).value && this.getField("QTY."+j).value)
this.getField("Amount."+j).value = Number(this.getField("Rate."+j).value)*Number(this.getField("QTY."+j).value);
else
this.getField("Amount."+j).value = "";
if(this.getField("Amount."+j).valueAsString != "")
sum+= Number(this.getField("Amount."+j).value);}
event.value = sum;

Remove scripts from "Rate" and "Amount"  fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Nesa. I have glued myself here waiting for your reply.

One more thing, I want to adjust my expense form to have a calculation for "Total_Amount", "Advance_Taken",  "Grand_Total".

i would like a situation where "Advance_Taken" to minus the "Total_Amount" and give the  "Grand_Total". and I would want the "Grand_Total" to appear in Red if the "Advance_Taken" is greater than the "Total_Amount". 

The form is attached.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this as custom calculation script of "Grand Total" field:

var TA = Number(this.getField("Total Amount").value);
var AT = Number(this.getField("Advance_Taken").value);
var sum = AT-TA;
event.value = sum;
event.target.textColor = AT>TA ? color.red : color.black;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Grand Total" appears with minus sign except with a greater  "Advance_Taken".

Where am I getting it wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I didn't understand right, what should calculation be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example,

A staff has an option to apply for an advance for out of office assignment or go on the assignment without applying for any advance. when he is done; he would now submit the expense form for reimbursement or return some balances to the company depending on the expense incurred.

if staff A collected 2,000 from the company and incurred 1,500 expenses. he is to return 500 to the company which is to be displayed as this '500' and if he incurred 3000, he would be credited 1000 which should be displayed as a normal text color.

another thing I would want is that the  '500' should be displayed with the word 'refund 500' if its possible.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines