• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom menu items with the new Acrobat experience

People's Champ ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following on from my other post, I've been using the following line of code successfully to add a custom item at the bottom of the Edit menu in Acrobat.

Now with the "new experience," customers are reporting that they're no longer seeing the menu item.

Since I do not seem to have access to the "new experience" yet, I can't test anything.

Does anyone know what the equivalent line should be with the "new experience"?

(This is part of a script that is placed in Acrobat's Javascripts folder, of course.)

app.addMenuItem({ cName: "Super Duper", cParent: "Edit", cExec: "super-duper()" });

Thanks!

Ariel

P.S. In the Javascript Guide (dated 2/1/21) that I've been using, it says:

Note: Starting Acrobat X, the number of top-level menu items has been reduced. The menu items available from
Acrobat X onwards are: File, Edit, View, Window, and Help. If any of your previous scripts referred to a top-level
menu item that no longer exists, the reference will not work.

Is there an update for the "new experience" Acrobat?

TOPICS
JavaScript , Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes a few seconds longer to load the script than the classic UI but the menu items under Edit eventually do show up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting.

So, the Edit menu still exists in the new experience? (I don't have a way of checking until they roll it out in my part of the world – or whatever is causing the delay.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. It still exists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines