• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Save Location in DC

Engaged ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like the new DC interface, but whoever came up with the save file dialog box and whoever approved it need to be taken to the woodshed.  I understand you're trying to promote the cloud but making your customers work harder for your convenience isn't a business model.  Please provide a way to change the default save location.  Please don't be lazy and tell me to put a shortcut in the My Documents folder.  An hour or so of programming on your part would save your customers countless extra clicks.  You're a good company.  A great company would think of their customers first.  Be great!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Hi rickhino,

There is a preference in the Preferences dialog box of Acrobat/Reader that brings back your default Save dialog box. Press [Ctrl/Cmd]+K, Select "General" on the left rail. On the right you'll see a checkbox saying "Show online storage while saving files". Check that off. You'll get your default Save dialog box. Is that what you wanted? Or there is something else too?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

This fixed my problem. I've been annoyed with this for ages, and finally decided to search the internet for a solution. Your works perfectly, and now my work flow is no longer annoying and terrible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to be able to upvote this comment 1000x.  Default behavior for most programs is to go to the location you last saved the file to.  This "save to the cloud" while it may be a nice feature for some folks, is nothing but an annoyance to work around for MY business on MY network.  It is not in my scope of interest or needs to save MY stuff to YOUR servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as a matter of fact, I have to save files hundreds of times per day to a location on my company LAN.  It sucks that my system no longer simply remembers where it last was and goes to my local Documents location by default now.  Terrible, terrible decision for the majority of your business customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the Save As/Save fxn gone??  I keep all my files in specifc folders on my personal drives for easy access.  Now when a file automatically saves to the cloud without asking where to save, it is such a hassle to go to the cloud to retrieve and save back into my folders.  Please fix this feature!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps you are doing and the issue for more clarity.

What is the version of the OS and the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.02.20687 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines